• Register Today It's free!

Hood Pod Lights?

Medic531

Reaction score
City, State
Moore, Oklahoma
Year, Model & Trim Level
2019 Explorer 4x4 XLT
Has anyone done something like this but on a ford explorer? I have not found any mounts anywhere that would work with a 2019 explorer.

hoodlights.png

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Welcome to the Forum Jack. :wave:

Peter

What are these mounts you speak of? I would've assumed you would just drill a hole in sheetmetal and bob's yer uncle.

If they go down inside, around the fender or hood, what about just taking some thick sheet aluminum and turning it into whatever shape you want? That can be done with minimal investment since there doesn't need be any welding involved, depending on whether you have a place and tools to *bang* it out.

Maybe provide some links to lights you'd LIKE to use, then someone can figure out what the best way to attach them is.

Personally that's the last place that I'd want lights. It snows here so I'd be fighting them in winter, while they're not high enough to keep from casting a deep shadow from the hood. Seems like bumper/grill or roof, either would be better for just about any purpose except losing the ability to stick your arm out the window and re-aim them quickly.

Anyone have any experience mounting ditch lights using a bracket sistered up with the existing hood hinge hardware? I've been able to find plenty of options for other vehicles, but only one for 2016/17 explorers and mine is 2011. Maybe it would still be compatible? Someone also suggested trying a bracket that was designated for a Ranger since the fitment should be similar. Any thoughts?

^^ Welcome to the Forum. :wave:
Your thread was merged with this one on the same topic. I don't believe anyone has done it yet.

Peter

Anyone have any experience mounting ditch lights using a bracket sistered up with the existing hood hinge hardware? I've been able to find plenty of options for other vehicles, but only one for 2016/17 explorers and mine is 2011. Maybe it would still be compatible? Someone also suggested trying a bracket that was designated for a Ranger since the fitment should be similar. Any thoughts?
I’m in the same boat as you. I’ve got a 2015 explorer sport. Did you ever find ditch lite pod brackets that work?

Back