• Register Today It's free!

Hood Scoop From Explorer Express!

JOHN V.

Reaction score
City, State
RICHMOND.CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 XLT
We now offer this Mustang style hood scoop at Explorer Express. It is slightly larger than the factory Ford unit. It is available in the traditional or split style. It is available in primer or painted to match your factory color. It attatches with 3m tape or has templet/hardware for permanent installation. Fits all years including Sport Tracs & Rangers.

Hood Scoop-Painted to match............$174.95 plus shipping

Hood Scoop-Primer.............................$109.95 plus shipping

This one is brand new and is not yet on our web site. We need your color code to match the paint.

To order, give us a call at 888-EXPLORER (888-397-5673)

Attachments

• hood scoop 2002 web.jpg
    hood scoop 2002 web.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3,385

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The split style is just a different version. It is still one scoop. Same price as the above Mustang style scoop.

Attachments

• hood scoop-split style web.jpg
    hood scoop-split style web.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 1,765

John, how does it mount? Is the front open? What do you expect the delivery time on a painted version?

Thanks.....

It does have holes and can be mounted permanently. It even comes with a templet and screws if you care to drill holes in your hood. It also comes with 3M tape. That is the way I went on the Silver X. It seems very sturdy with the tape. The front is blocked off with plastic plate about 1.5" or 2" back. The quality is good it and fits flat. The delivery time is 5-10 days, but I have been getting these pretty fast.

Attachments

• sport trac kent web.jpg
    sport trac kent web.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 2,033

Will either of them fit the first gen. where they have a raised like in the middle of the hood?

I'm smelling a group buy ... :bounce:

JOHN V., is it made of steel or fiberglass? Also, you wouldn't happen to have a picture on a '95-'97 would you?

I am very much interested on the traditional (primer) hood scoop.

Hehehe I'm interested in one for a 93-97 Ranger. Cause I'm changing my hood and front to a Ranger look

Well........This is what it would look like on a gen 1 Explorer/Ranger. It will fit if you move it to the back of the hood where it is flat. You could notch it out at the rear and move it where you want. I think it looks pretty tasty!

This is a fiberglass part.

I will work on getting a picture on a gen 2 Explorer. I know of a few guys that have the Mustang style scoop on already. Maybe they could post a picture for us.

X-Factor...I know you want a primer one to go with the rest of your X!

A group buy could be a possibility. I will check it out on Tuesday.

Attachments

• hood scoop ranger web.jpg
    hood scoop ranger web.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 1,724

Originally posted by JOHN V.
X-Factor...I know you want a primer one to go with the rest of your X!

Okay... :rolleyes:

Sorry man......I could not resist!

Hey you want that HC Air Dam that bad. I will sell it to you for $150. plus shipping.

Originally posted by JOHN V.
Sorry man......I could not resist!

Hey you want that HC Air Dam that bad. I will sell it to you for $150. plus shipping.

No problem, JOHN V.

That is a sweet deal- $150! This is hard to pass up, so I'll take it! Whooo hoooo! :)

I have some shipping questions... please check your PM! Thanks.

John V, on a sidenote, I have a EE catalog that is printed from 98 i think, and anyway in there it advertises a hood blister...is that still available? Was it ever? I dont see it on your online catalog. Just curious. And I'll definitely be ordering a hood scoop!

Rob

The hood blister was a short lived product that we intended on producing, but fitment problems kept it from becoming a reality. This hood scoop is the new deal. It can be ordered to match your color and the quality is good.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back