• Register Today It's free!

hood scoop

boothemu78

Reaction score
City, State
toledo, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2007 Explorer XLT
Does any one know where to get an aftermarket hood scoop for an 07? I am looking for a hole hood. Does anyone have any pictures with scoops on there explorer.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've looked everywhere for one, and have had no luck. If you just like the look you could buy a universal stick on hood scoop. I wouldn't get from autozone though, a good one will run you about 150

u could do that and use bondo to make it look like its all one piece with the hood.

Don't do that, it's such a poser thing to do. It's your choice, though...

A hood scoop is the last thing I would have thought of in a million years. Why would you want to do such a thing

IMO, not a good idea, it will lower resale value.

I don't think boothemu78 asked opinions on why not to get the hood.. I think he was asking where to get a hood, and if anyone had any pics of a hood on their EX. I personally think scoops look pretty sweet on most vehicles. Maybe boothemu78 is like me and isn't worried about resale value. I bought my EX to keep and to use it as it was intended.

boothemu78, If there was a place that sold a hood, I'm sure I would have heard of a place. I'll keep a look out for you. Good luck with your EX.

Who knows, maybe I'll custom fab a GT500KR scoop on the hood and I'm sure some might actually like it.

Does any one know where to get an aftermarket hood scoop for an 07? I am looking for a hole hood. Does anyone have any pictures with scoops on there explorer.

Hi Boothemu78,

Here is a link with a hood scoop for X.

http://www.xtremeautosport.net/servlet/the-1004/ford-explorer-sport-trac/Detail

30nj241.jpg

Back