Hood Struts for the 2020 Explorer ? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hood Struts for the 2020 Explorer ?

Garfield1

Reaction score
City, State
OHIO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 Ford Mustang GT
The 2020 Explorer has a rod to hold the hood in the up position.
The 2020 Lincoln Aviator has Gas Struts to hold the hood up.
Would it be possible to install the Lincoln Gas Struts on the 2020 Explorer and do you think it would hold the Hood in the raised position?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Redline manufactured these for the 5th gen. Not sure if they fit the 2020 or if they are planning on making them for the 6th gen Explorer.
Hood Struts ??

Peter

Redline manufactured these for the 5th gen. Not sure if they fit the 2020 or if they are planning on making them for the 6th gen Explorer.
Hood Struts ??

Peter
Sorry, not sure what to call them.
I know they use them to hold the Hood Up instead of a Steel Rod.
Garfield

I wasn't trying to correct you. That "Hood Struts??" is a link. Did you click on it?

Peter

I contacted RedLine Tuning about hood struts.... here is the reply

Hello David,
Wow. Thank you for purchasing those systems from us. We have actually taken an early look at CAD from Ford to develop a system for this application... the was basically no room to package them. However, we do plan on visiting one in person when available and plan on doing our best to come up with a solution for this application.

BTW - thank you for purchasing from us for years!

Brian Vander Haagen
Redline Tuning LLC
Owner
Office: 734.306.1784
Fax: 734.378.4009

Got mine put on this morning. The hood prop has been stashed in the RedLine Tuning tube.

Hood Struts a.jpg

I put a set on my ST, but I left the prop rod in place in case the hood struts fail.

20210610_133743.jpg

I put them on my Mazda Speed3 in August, 2008. They were still fine when I traded in March, 2019. I'm not concerned with them failing. Plus, there's always a 2x2 while I'm waiting on replacements.

Back