Hopeful for some advice regarding MFT | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hopeful for some advice regarding MFT

jspeer

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville, KY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2012 Limited Explorer
We have been dealing with issues for two months since our upgrade to 3.5.1. Does anyone know if there is a newer update? If not any advice for resoution? here are the issues. System has worked flawlessly since purchased. That's what is so frustrating...I know updates can take a step backwards every now and then but this one has really been unusable. The upgrade was performed at dealer during a routine oil change. They said an upgrade was available and asked if we wanted it installed...we really wish we said no...

Services does not connect anymore. Everytime it tries to dial in to download mapquest it just rings and rings. Tried a vehicle health report and ti never conencted to send the report to syncmyride.

Phone connection is hit and miss and 75% of the time miss. If it connects it frequently dials "My number" whatever that is and take 15 minutes to disconnect from it.

GPS is horrendous. That was the one bright spot the first year we owned it. Mapquest no longer downloads, we use push to talk and you can arrive where you're going before it even find an address. If it does find the address it will literally take 20 minutes to calculate and compute before it shows any time to destination or turn by turn. This is the most frustrating for someone who travels and uses GPS daily for unknown addresses we go to.

I hope a new update is out. Any other advice? We will be going to the dealer but if a new update is not out can or will they revert back to previous version.
Any help is appreciated...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What you can do is try a soft reset by going through the MFT screen and clicking reset. If that doesn't work, then I guess you have to go under the driver's side dash where the pedals are, look up, find the fuse box and pull fuse #29.

If that doesn't work, maybe even disconnect the battery for like 2 - 5 minutes. Then reconnect it. See what that does for you.

If anything else, when I still had problems after that. I had to get my APIM module replaced under warranty. Most of the time though, I think all you need is a reset. So try those steps above.

We have been dealing with issues for two months since our upgrade to 3.5.1. Does anyone know if there is a newer update? If not any advice for resoution? here are the issues. System has worked flawlessly since purchased. That's what is so frustrating...I know updates can take a step backwards every now and then but this one has really been unusable. The upgrade was performed at dealer during a routine oil change. They said an upgrade was available and asked if we wanted it installed...we really wish we said no...

Services does not connect anymore. Everytime it tries to dial in to download mapquest it just rings and rings. Tried a vehicle health report and ti never conencted to send the report to syncmyride.

Phone connection is hit and miss and 75% of the time miss. If it connects it frequently dials "My number" whatever that is and take 15 minutes to disconnect from it.

GPS is horrendous. That was the one bright spot the first year we owned it. Mapquest no longer downloads, we use push to talk and you can arrive where you're going before it even find an address. If it does find the address it will literally take 20 minutes to calculate and compute before it shows any time to destination or turn by turn. This is the most frustrating for someone who travels and uses GPS daily for unknown addresses we go to.

I hope a new update is out. Any other advice? We will be going to the dealer but if a new update is not out can or will they revert back to previous version.
You have the latest version. There is no other at the moment. Not sure what is causing your problems. Mine has worked fine although I haven't had to use nav that much.
Have you mentioned your issues to the dealer?

Peter

not yet...wife drives the car mainly and has been complaining I drove it a few times and not sure how she has dealt with it. Was going to dealer this week just trying the knowledge here first.

That's some strange and bizarre behavior. Haven't heard of that yet. Try the reset options others have mentioned.

It's possible that the software wasn't loaded properly.

You can also use the reboot file available here: www.outofmytouch.com (look under the heading "MFT Acting up?")

If those options don't fix it, contact Ford Customer Service by sending an Instant Message here to FordIVTteam - Rebecca may be able to help you.

One other thing to check - login to www.syncmyride.com and make sure your Sync version is properly updated (download the status checker tool) and make sure your profile information is correct, for example, make sure your phone number is correct in Syncmyride.com That would be my only clue as to why services is so poor. Perhaps when they updated your software it messed up syncmyride.com (doubt it), or perhaps somehow your account was corrupted/deleted/etc...

You would be better off posting issues like this with MFT in the In Vehicle Technology ('IVT') thread. You may be able to get some answers or help there. That is also where Rebecca, the IVT rep likely monitors more than here. Good luck.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=177

Peter

Sounds as if you may have the 3.5.1 update but that the Dealer forgot to give you the correct SD A4 Navigaation card to go with it.....No idea on the phone, but I would be back at the Dealer, going over these issues with them......

Hi, jspeer!

You have the latest software installed. It looks like everything is installed properly on your Explorer, so if you haven't done it already, try a master reset:

MENU > SETTINGS > SYSTEM > MASTER RESET

If you continue to have these issues, please see your dealership.

Rebecca

Thanks for the advice. Did a master reset on Sunday. Seems to be alot better for now. Thanks again. I guess that should be the first thing to do in the future

Back