Horn sounding like crazy will not start | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Horn sounding like crazy will not start

drumsk

Reaction score
City, State
New York New York
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 ford explorer xls
Im working on a 2002 ford explorer, Just did the valve cover and intake manifold gaskets. discovered that the pcv valve was missing and the hose connecting it as.... has anyone here rigged up a hose to work....as the oem is 125 from ford???

But the main problem is we disconnected the battery to do the work. When we reconnected it the horn was firing off randomly and all the dash lights look like they were shorting out. I disconnected the box underneath the steering column. and all appeared normal but would not start:(.... I suspect the pats auto start box is defective but im not sure has anyone had this problem?

Any aftermarket alarms installed?

No it actually the ford pats system installed at the dealer after you purchased the car. I have been checking fuses and took the unit apart to check put it back together it is flashing everything in the car including the horn but not like a steady alarm. My dad has had explorers since 1996.... so when you disconnect the battery and reinstall I would stand by with the remote or key to shut off the alarm.... this is different its just random and everything is flashing at different intervals I think this unit sh*t the bed.

So tomorrow I will be ordering the replacement unit for 125 from toms ford in Nj

Hopefully this will fix the problem

Please post a follow up when you get a chance after you've installed the new part.

Back