SaleenXP8

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Seattle, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 SaleenXP8 #12
Okay, here it is.

I have the '00 mach audio system in my X. Now, for a factory system, it sounds pretty decent. Not great, but decent.

Recently, I was offered a cost deal on Alpine gear.

Herein lies the dilemma.

The factory stuff has two major advantages:

1. No one will ever steal it.

2. It's very integrated. (No amps under seats or changers to hide)

On the other hand, the Alpine stuff will sound better.

What would you do?

Also, can you use the factory CD changer with an aftermarket system?

Thanks

John

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yank the factory stuff and you can have the amps mounted behind the pannels and get a factory placed replacment sub. You can keep it all very clean and stock looking and still be able to rock out! Take a look at my signature in my home page and see how I kept mine so clean looking.

i agree, if you put a little more time and effort in you can do just that. i'm not sure how bad crime is in seattle but i think the positive of a better sound outweighs the slight chance you might get broken into somewhere down the road.

Thanks, Matt

Awesome install photos.

Very clean.

How's it sound?

John

Thanks for the compliments.

It sounds great! Very clear with the components in front and rear. The bass is perfict for me and my application. It gives a good azz to the songs and movie explosions. But I don't sound like a G-Dawg either. Dyanamat is the key to keeping the inside of the truck quite and the music in.

Let me know if you have anyother questions on anyhing for the install.

Back