Hosed out the inside of my truck today... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hosed out the inside of my truck today...

plance1

Reaction score
City, State
cincy ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 sport trac
I have the standard, non leather interior and rubber mat on the floor. I took the truck to the car wash and just started blasting. Well, not exactly, I didn't pull the trigger on the nozzle, just let the hose get the seats wet. Then I got your run of the mill interior cleaner and spray it on and scrubbed it into the seats, then rinsed. I started without pulling the trigger than I went ahead and hit it at full pressure to get all the soap out.

I did the same with the rubber mat. Afterwards I vacuumed as much as possible.

I was afraid I might get something electrical wet and I'm wondering, if there is insulation under the mat, did I ruin it.

Worked great though, seats look brand new.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

There is insulation under the plastic on the floor, don't know if you ruined it or not though, best leave the windows open to let it dry as fast as possible.

Bold Move power washing the interior. Hope you have some fans to dry it out quickly before the stink starts. Under the rubber mat is cloth insulation, that will get pretty ripe when wet.

I think the rubber is intended so you can wipe the interior clean. Not actually spray water in it. :p:

Once or twice a year I hose the floor in mine. I back into the driveway sideways with the right side wheels on the sidewalk and the left side wheels in the street. Open the doors and blast away and the water runs out the left side doors.

I washed mine out real good before I put it back together but I don't think I'd hose it out with the seats and mat still in it.
090815020b.jpg

well, I went ahead and did it. I left the windows down and as I mentioned vacuumed the crap out of it, especially the seats. We'll see how it smells today.

I washed mine out real good before I put it back together but I don't think I'd hose it out with the seats and mat still in it.
090815020b.jpg

you can come by and do mine, if your going to go through that much trouble to clean yours :D

Okay but do you want your bed removed so I can wash the back of your cab?

Kinda hard to due, I have all my CB antenna wiring going from the bed to the cab. Thanks though:D

As it happens, the other day I had a gallon jug of cleaning concentrate spill on the floor (I own a cleaning company). Hosed it out but I found that the padding under the floor mat got quite wet. Now I have towels wadded up underneath it to let air in to dry it.

Back