• Register Today It's free!

Hot Air Only

Scaboza

Reaction score
City, State
Wisconsin
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Sport
Would I have a bad blend door if when selecting vent and cold temp (50 deg outside) I get nothing but hot air? When I select max a/c I hear the door close but my a/c isn't working and so I just get hot air.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The sound you are hearing may not be the blend door. Let the glove compartment door down and there is a flap/door, inside/outside air door. Is that the one you are hearing. If so, maybe re-evaluate.

Thanks for your info. I'll have to check it this weekend. After I read your post I listened a bit closer. A vent door ( or something) closes whenever I start the engine in the morning. It's been about 30-40 deg F.

Hi, First check to see if the actuator is working. The sound you hear when switching the A/c to Max is another vent door which takes inside air or outside air and not the blend door. If the actuator is working then it is most likely the blend door. I had a broken blend door and found this thread very helpful. Once I determined that it was the door I had to do the cut from the bottom. All worked out ok and works great today. Hope this helps.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/...d.php?t=214332

Should both the inlet and the outlet hoses to the heater core be hot when temp select is to full cold and selector set to vent? This is my last question before I begin the blend door repair, lol. Thanks for the link.

You will always have hot coolant going through the heater core, the blend door will allow or block the airflow over the heater core in the heater box.

Back