Hot air out vents when accelerating | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Hot air out vents when accelerating

Ryan Hammontree

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford Explorer Sport
I've searched many posts and none seem to be what I'm experiencing. I don't recall this being an issue until recently.

Vehicle: 2014 explorer sport 3.5l ecoboost 112k miles

When accelerating, such as passing on highway, I get outside air blowing out my vents. It does not switch to defrost, but more like the AC compressor is turning off but the blower continues. Part of me thinks this is normal due to not over working the engine. But, what has me puzzled is that even if I have the entire system off, and accelerate hard it will do the same. I recently had the spark plugs replaced bit I can't remember if it started before or after that.

I'm curious if it is a vacuum problem, or something else. Or if it's normal. Appreciate any advise.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have not heard of this specific issue here before. Is it possible that somehow the heated air is coming from the engine compartment?

Peter

If it’s happening with the system off, I’d suspect vacuum issues first. I’d check around all the plug routing and see if something just happened to get knocked loose.

This is happening to me as well in my 18. It happened twice just today.

I have climate off. When I accelerate hot air comes out of the front panel vents above the radio. It is very hot.

It does go away, but doesn’t seem normal.

I am having the same issue. Any fix yet?

My only comment would be that an instant change to hot air has nothing to do with the A/C compressor. They cycle on and off when in use...you won't notice a temperature change.

My only comment would be that an instant change to hot air has nothing to do with the A/C compressor. They cycle on and off when in use...you won't notice a temperature change.

A distinction has to be made between HOT air and UNCOOLED air.

VERY HOT air indicates a concern with the temperature blending and is not normal. UNCOOLED air can be normal (or not) if the compressor has cycled off temporarily due to PCM control.

A distinction has to be made between HOT air and UNCOOLED air.

VERY HOT air indicates a concern with the temperature blending and is not normal. UNCOOLED air can be normal (or not) if the compressor has cycled off temporarily due to PCM control.
Vacuum check valve in vacuum line connecting eng. manifold to vacuum operated doors in vehicle. This valve maintains vacuum in door system when eng. supply vacuum drops when eng speed/load causes that. replace vacuum check valve.
1665028695983.png

Vacuum check valve in vacuum line connecting eng. manifold to vacuum operated doors in vehicle. This valve maintains vacuum in door system when eng. supply vacuum drops when eng speed/load causes that. replace vacuum check valve.
View attachment 435308
Lol. Ford hasn't used vacuum in the HVAC system in the Explorer since the 2010 model.

Back