housboat, boat, and jet skis | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

housboat, boat, and jet skis

jared ajlouny

Reaction score
City, State
san jose, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4X4
hey, i was wondering if anyone ever brought some stand up jet skis on a house boat trip????? i was thinking about it and am confused on how to tow these things, they flip over super easy, if anyone knows let me know, thanks

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

zensius

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
When we bring them we just pull them up on the swim platform. A towel on the platform protects the bottom.

<

jared ajlouny

Reaction score
City, State
san jose, california
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4X4
good idea, but what about the boat, do we connect the boat to a rop connected tot he swim platform, if we do we will have to be extreamly careful when braking

<

zensius

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Pleasant Hill, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 4 dr. EB
Well, yeah you can tow the ski boat. Put it on a long leash, maybe 40 feet. Houseboats don't stop very fast so you shouldn't have any problem catching the ski boat before it catches up to the houseboat. When we houseboat (on Lake Shasta) We usually drive the houseboat to a good spot and camp it. The ski boat becomes a taxi and rarely gets tied up when the houseboat is underway. But we use the way I described above when we do. Have fun!

<

<