How a Explorer 'Should' Look. | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How a Explorer 'Should' Look.

Last weekend I loaded up the Ironman and headed to Nelson Ledges Race track in Ohio. Friends were running in 'The Lamest Day' 24hrs of LeMons race and I went to assist/root/support/document the event.

The infield camp ground where we stayed was muddy, and well...couldn't really resist :D

img_3081_std.jpg

img_3191_std.jpg

img_3193_std.jpg

img_3479_std.jpg

img_3480_std.jpg

Friends pic of me in action
img_7118_std.jpg

My Pics of the actual race, if you're interested are here
http://www.ronman.org/pics/lemons/lamest_day/vin/

In all it was a fun trip, what isn't fun, is cleaning the truck afterward...:thumbdwn: It's still not clean! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Great looking Explorer:chug:

WOOT WOOT!! im not the only 4th gen owner who goes mudding!! :)

Edit: I still like the look of the black grill on the ironman better than the big hunk of fake chrome on my xlt

Oh yes, who would dare throw mud at your explorer, the splatter marks on the back indicate a mud fight was in progress (possibly?)

I love the fact that you're not afraid to take such a new vehicle out and get it dirty, but at the same time, I'd like to suggest that you get some better tires before you do it much more. From the looks of that mud, you should probably count yourself lucky that you didn't get stuck with those straight tread tires. Having everyone standing around laughing at you can demolish your self-esteem, lol.

I agree, highway tires will do you no good in the mud. I bet if you had some A/Ts or M/Ts on there we would not be able to tell what color your truck is.

I agree, highway tires will do you no good in the mud. I bet if you had some A/Ts or M/Ts on there we would not be able to tell what color your truck is.

I agree, About every youtube video of an explorer getting stuck is because of street tires. I have good year wranglers and on my first real off road adventure I noticed how they would just hold the mud in the treads. But I can't complain to much because I didn't get stuck and my T/C shift motor needs replaced because I went places where a 2wd shouldn't go and all without my 4wd working :)

I've never had it stuck so it has to be the tires otherwise I don't know. Ford explorer are very capable off road vehicles but youtube is full of explorer haters I've noticed :(

Btw your explorer looks great :p:

The Splatter on the back is from my friends Dually Ram, who got stuck in the Mud before and when he got out, sprayed both the race car and the X with mud.

I do have to say the stock Michelins did fairly well in the mud pit, and unfortunately I don't think the truck will be making many more off road excursions...

Unless I see a opening for it the next time I go on a road trip with it that is. By then I would hope it would have at least a slightly better off road tire on it then the stock Michelins :)

Ahh so it seems like we had a mud fight between Dodge and Ford? so who won? :D

Ahh so it seems like we had a mud fight between Dodge and Ford? so who won? :D

Well it's hard to really declare a winner, we were too busy slinging mud around...

So much so a Lincoln Navigator and a Audi A6 had to join in...

img_7161_std.jpg

img_7064_std.jpg

img_7073_std.jpg

img_7109_std.jpg

img_7203_std.jpg

img_7207_std.jpg

img_7241_std.jpg

And not one single off road type tire among us...

And that porta-potty in the back was sprayed by the Dually Dodge. :D:thumbsup:

YES!! rain in the forcast this week, i sure hope we get some good mud this winter, threads like this kill me because we have no mud, its all dust.

Wish I could find something like that to do around where I live my 91 has never seen that much mud. He's sad and has self-esteem issues because of it.

Back