• Register Today It's free!

How about this HU and Speakers?

mecheng2

Reaction score
City, State
Minnesota
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 XLS
Just looking to upgrade the basic stereo in my recently purchased 2003 XLS. I've looked around a bit, and these seem to be like a pretty good deal from what I can tell. I'm pretty new to all this stereo stuff. I'm just looking for reasonably priced upgrade. I wouldn't consider myself an audiophile by any means, but I do enjoy my music. I listen to everything from hip hop to country to classical, so I'm just looking for a well rounded system. Here is what I was considering:

Speakers

Head Unit

I don't plan on adding an amp/sub in the near future, but it's not out of the question down the road. I would like to keep things around $200 (seems like there are quite a few options in this price range). Any other suggestions are welcome!

they look pretty good, especially for that price. mp3 and aux in all good. i got a chinese stereo it works well with the 4 oem speakers. i use a sd card for my music, no cd's for people to pinch. i think bottom end stereos are pretty much similar, if you can find a bargain then youre laughing.

I recently installed one of those Chinese knock off head units. I am very pleased with it. Radio, Ipod, DVD, MP3, GPS nav... It does EVERYTHING.

Back