How can I tell what option/package my PIU has? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How can I tell what option/package my PIU has?

yhdavid

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
17 PIU
Hey all,

I was wondering if there's any way I can search up the options on my '17 PIU (e.g. 63B for side marker LEDs). Thought about contacting my local Ford dealer about it, but it takes them forever to respond...I tried FORScan but I can't really find anything (maybe I'm looking at the wrong place?)

Thanks in advance!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey all,

I was wondering if there's any way I can search up the options on my '17 PIU (e.g. 63B for side marker LEDs). Thought about contacting my local Ford dealer about it, but it takes them forever to respond...I tried FORScan but I can't really find anything (maybe I'm looking at the wrong place?)

Thanks in advance!
I think that option was for LEDs built into the mirror housing itself. Unless removed...they should be obvious. They're built into mirror caps..

Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
Have you tried asking your dealership for a copy of the window sticker? That should list most of the options.

Peter

This forum sucks ass
I would really hate to tell someone that they are full of it BUT...
Many things have been learned and have helped people on this forum.
You just might be looking at things the wrong way or you aren't doing your searches correctly!
I, for one, have found this forum to be very educational and helpful.

Hey all,

Thanks in advance!
Would you happen to be talking about the orange lights to the rear of the headlights?

Would you happen to be talking about the orange lights to the rear of the headlights?
Um…nah I wasn’t talking about anything in specific, just wanted to know what my car was equipped, cuz I see a ton of holes that have been filled, and I’m wondering if I can turn it back to a more “original” condition.

Have you tried asking your dealership for a copy of the window sticker? That should list most of the options.

Peter
I don’t know if the sticker they have at the second-hand dealer would do the same job, cuz I can’t really find anything useful on there. But I’ll definitely call Ford tomorrow to see if they can get me a more comprehensive list now you’ve mentioned it.

The stuff that was installed and removed was almost completely done by an upfitter, and Ford would have zero way of knowing what was installed in the vehicle after the sale.

The stuff that was installed and removed was almost completely done by an upfitter, and Ford would have zero way of knowing what was installed in the vehicle after the sale.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard there are some options that they installed in the factory, like the wig-wag, for example, I reckon Ford might be able to search it up with the VIN or something?

I think the extent Ford preps them is the stuff they can change through IDIS. You should probably look into their upfitters guide.

I think the extent Ford preps them is the stuff they can change through IDIS. You should probably look into their upfitters guide.
What is IDIS? And yeah, I've been recently studying the upfitters/modifiers guide intensely lol.

What is IDIS? And yeah, I've been recently studying the upfitters/modifiers guide intensely lol.
It’s the software they program the different options with.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I heard there are some options that they installed in the factory, like the wig-wag, for example, I reckon Ford might be able to search it up with the VIN or something?
The "Ready for the Road" option direct from Ford, does have lots of items, so good to find if your's came with that option.

Back