how close to the amp should my cap be? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how close to the amp should my cap be?

Reaction score
City, State
Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
94xlt
I am going to be installing a cap in my truck and I was wondering how close to the amp should I mount mycapacitor? I thought of maybe mounting my cap in the center console or some where since I have a q logic box in the rear quater panel plus an amp on each side of the rear cargo area. thanks for your help everybody !

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

mount it close to your amp it its reasonable to do so. As in within 3 or 4 feet

well the leaves the console out lol , well thanks for the quick reply I will keep looking for a place for it

what about doing it like some people have been doing their maglites?

well im going for a stealth install plus i need my cargo room so I would like everything to be behind the trim panels.

is there room behind the drivers side panel for the cap? i don't know what else you might have behidn that panel but that would be a good choice then.

Im going to be looking at the drivers side tomorrow I know the 4 wheel drive computer is back there but I can easily move that so who knows there might be possibilties

Back