How did you Quit Smoking? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations
  • Register Today It's free!

How did you Quit Smoking?

RAZOR

Reaction score
City, State
Lyndhurst,NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
'98 Sport 4x4 4.0L SOHC
I quit for a variety of reasons. My smoking was annoying to my family. It was affecting my health (coughing and mucous) and the price was getting out of hand. I smoked two packs a day at the time. That was 18 yrs. ago. I'm glad I did because I probably wouldn't be around today had I not stopped. " Thank God" for Lifesavers and cold showers. You guys have it a lot easier today with nicotine gum and patches I had to go "Cold Turkey" So take advantage of it. And don't think you can be successful gradually cutting down, you're only lying to yourself. Good Luck!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Just wanted to update yall I'm still smoke free and feeling great. It gets way easier with time.

Joe93

Elite Dakota
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Originally posted by Stephen
Have you noticed all the changes we mentioned?

Which one? Food Taste WAY better, I can breathe alot better, No more morning hacking sessions, I can jog again, Didnt notice any weight gain cause i started working out when i quit so i have lost weight, over all I feel 10 times better.

stretch

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Waskom, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT V8 AWD
Congrats Joe!!
I quit cold turkey just over one year ago and have never looked back. I don't even have urges to smoke anymore. It's amazing how much your life changes for the better when you kick the habit.