• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

How Do I Get Herculiner Off of My Hootus?!

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Gee, looky there... Labor Day Weekend is coming up

I will be SO happy to see many of you at our trailrun in Colorado next weekend!

Dead Link Removed

I've still got a couple quarts of Herculiner left. I wonder what I could do with them... I think I just may bring them with me.

Sleep well :D

[Edited by GJarrett on 08-24-2000 at 08:48 AM]

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

rpenner54

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Wichita KS
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 Merc
Well damn Gerald what did you expect? Us to give you pointers on how to get it off and keep all the snickering to ourselfs? Its not like you didn't post to a site that has members all over the US and Many other countries! So I can't say I blame you when you say you want to see us. It will show the facial expresions live instead of the :D icons that are provided for us on the board. :) Cause you KNOW everyone will be looking at you differntly.

It will be intresting to hear about.

AFUinCO

Reaction score
City, State
Round Lake Beach, IL, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 'Migo Softie Black
Well, you DID bring it on yourself...

Thanks again for the laughs and for being a good sport with all the ribbing going on. Dead Link Removed

laketex

Reaction score
oh man..this is funny as hell...

I picked up a link to this thread off the ORC Toyota board. In return, I put it up on the coloradoK5 board...you should be a legend in the four wheeling community before long garret. While I see your pain, I still can't help but laugh...kinda reminds me of high school track. Rubbed icy-hot on my legs before a big meet then went to take a leak....wow. Talk about burn sensation. But THAT didn't last long. Dunno about the permanent rubber treatment tho.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

EBKen

Reaction score
Just another chuckle from the EBML.....

reminds me of a friend's pesonalized tag: SUX2BU.

Take care and good luck.

Ken
'75 Bronco

vince

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
Subaru
I don't own an explorer or even a ford, actually i own a tahoe. But i just had to reply to this thread. I heard about it from a friend. This is one of the dum.., er, most amusing things i have read in a long time. Next time he'll be sure to use his head, er, think before doing something like this.So is the stuff all off yet?

Ironfeather

Reaction score
I feel bad about all the fun your friends have had at your expense. But you seem to have taken it well.

I am not here to make jokes about your misshap, only to try and give some help. In order to get you some help I have sent this forum to just about every Indian Reservation in the country and a few in canada, also to some friends in Japan and Korea.

I have also sent it to some friends in Russia, Newfounland, Denmark and Hawaii. I hope this helps...ROFL!! Sorry, I really did try to keep it straight but it was just to good not to pass around. Don't be surprised if this ends up as a new dance at the powwow's around the country! LOL

Willys-Tech list.
Get a real 4x4.. buy a Willys!

The Warden

Reaction score
City, State
SF Bay Area, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1984 Ford Econoline 350
Very interesting...

I just had to say something. A guy said earlier that this thread has attracted Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Jeep, Toyota, and Land Rover people...well, now you can add IH to the fray too. :) Very fun reading! Especially the playing on words. Also, it's nice to know that there was no serious injury (except maybe pride). Also, you guys did a pretty good job keeing it in good taste and not letting the jests go on for too long. Hope all is well, and keep on wheelin' :)

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Originally posted by Ironfeather
....In order to get you some help I have sent this forum to just about every Indian Reservation in the country and a few in canada, also to some friends in Japan and Korea...I have also sent it to some friends in Russia, Newfounland, Denmark and Hawaii.....

You people are not real.
This isn't really happening.
I am going to wake up tomorrow and life will be normal again.

T

tRustyK5

Well I just wanted you to know that you must be worldwide by now. Even us Chevy guys are reading, laughing and posting on this one. I found this posted on ColoradoK5.com
Thanks for the laffs.

WranglerMangler

Reaction score
Now that's some serious protection for your "hootus"
This can be good!
Since I do not have one of these "parts" I can not say what applications would hurt and which would not.
You can apply one of those mixes that can get superglue off your hands..I think acetone would BURN like nothing else.

JeepBum

Reaction score
The Great Hootus Experiment

I think I saw this posted over on E-Groups 1FSJ forum(Full-Size-Jeeps) and I just had to pass it on the the WT group(Willys Tech)...of course it took over 2 hours to get it done from all the laughing and picking myself up off the floor and all!
I think there should be a t-shirt with small pics of all sorts of tucks cars and whatever and a slogan such as "I survived the Hootus 2000 Experiment!"

Tim Lynn
JeepBum

horseman

Reaction score
sent around to EB lists

got this off the EBML early bronco list, and forwarded to the East coast Bronco Registry, California Early Bronco list, Lonestar Early Bronco list, and BroncoFIX (in the pacific northwest. I was rolling on the floor at this one, I thought I'd gotten in some pre dickaments, but this is the worst probelem I've heard of...thanks for litening thousands of peoples days...

R

rock883

Well, I went through and counted how many new members this site got from this thing. A total of 34 members which have only 5 or less posts is what I counted. Very impressive.

Carnuck

Reaction score
I'm just posting to let you know I
have read about this in the
1FSJ@Egroups.com list (1 full size
Jeep) with 900 members, the
AMC-list on
http://www.amxfiles.com (1000+
members), and
http://www.jokeaday.com (almost 1
million viewers)
I hope it's worn off by the
time I'm out for Ouray 2003
Jeepfest!

chris71k5

Reaction score
I too wandered over from the land of coloradok5.com (biggray71 there) and with 1155 users, I won't be the last. You know I'll be very carefull when I Hercu-line my floors soon! Let us know if it ever comes off!

AFUinCO

Reaction score
City, State
Round Lake Beach, IL, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 'Migo Softie Black
Re: Very interesting...

Originally posted by The Warden
A guy said earlier that this thread has attracted Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Jeep, Toyota, and Land Rover people...well, now you can add IH to the fray too. :)

Don't forget us Isuzu readers/owners! :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

WmKSmith

Reaction score
How Do I Get Herculiner Off My Hootus?

I'm from a Full Size Jeep forum, and I have to say, this sounds like the stuff I have pulled all my 4x4-ing life! Hang in there Gerald! At least no one suggested using a BFH to remove said substanse! :hammer:

You could profit from this, however. Just open a string of restaurants featuring well endowed male waiters instead of females, and call it "hOotus".

BTW, you should punch in "hootus" in the Google search. Some of the returns are a "hoot" vis a vis your situation.

kim smith
'80 Wagoneer