• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How Do I Get Herculiner Off of My Hootus?!

AFUinCO

Reaction score
City, State
Round Lake Beach, IL, USA
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 'Migo Softie Black
Hello all I received this story via a link from an Isuzu forum at http://www.4x4wire.com, and I must say this is an entertaining thread, that spread VERY quickly.

I am glad that you have gotten you problem resolved, I can't even imagine how much pain it caused physically and emotionally. :D Thanks for the chuckles. :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Freaky_Monkey007

Reaction score
ROTFLMFAO

im from one of the jeep froms and i came over to c what the h@#@ one of my friends was talking about.. this is the funniest d@^^ thing i have ever heard in my lift.. this info is going to everyone that i know.. lol...roflmfao. im gona have to have stiches to keep me from laughing..oh i fell sorry for u general..lol...ill let u go deal with ur little problem.. have fun. one more thing.. i think herculiner needs to know about this. i only wish it was true.. but hey. someone has had to of done this before. but still this is the funniest da** thing i have ever heard

[Edited by Freaky_Monkey007 on 08-22-2000 at 01:40 PM]

gurkhamy

Reaction score
Like Jennie I am from the Jeeps. Man this is so funny. Do feel sorry for ya. Hope u get this little problem resolved. This kind of remind me of the movie Something about Mary. The zipper incident!

kilroy

Reaction score
City, State
Capron IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F150
I think this is getting old. :rolleyes:

It will go down in Explorer history as the day Hootus became Hercules!!!

I think it is time to start a new Forum called dumbass things I have done to myself while working on my truck, or what NOT to do when working on my truck.

Lets all give Gerald 3 cheers for admitting he did something embarrasing, and call it quits. My mailbox is getting full. :D

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
Ditto

Kilroy, I agree and hinted strongly at that on the previous page. The stats posted afterwards were interesting, and Matt's question was a pertinent one, so they survived. But I've been deleting all the subsequent now-stale jokes and one-liners (note exception below) since my post on the previous page stating that this has all been fun but it's time to move on. Pretty soon even the slow learners will start getting the message. Maybe.

* I am making an exception for the new visitors who just heard about us and am letting them have a little fun and feel welcomed. It is interesting to see where they heard about our board from and how far the knowledge of our website has spread in the last few days (and is the reason I have not already closed this thread).

When I first asked the original question I pretty much knew I was already SOL but realized maybe my predicament would brighten the day for some of us. Everyone of us makes simple absent-minded mistakes. However, some mistakes carry more severe consequences than others, and at the time of my original post one of our brethren had made a fatal one in Colorado. Mine wasn't so bad after all. I hope it gave us all a needed sense of perspective and helped lighten our souls during the gravity of the week's news.

I knew it would get around, but hoo-boy :rolleyes: . Only days old, there are thousands of hits on this page, many from people who had never heard of us before. I can laugh at myself and sacrifice a little dignity. I've got thick skin (now ;) ) and this has been good for all of us and this website. Although it came at my expense, I am willing to bet a quart of Herculiner :D that knowledge of the existence of http://www.explorer4x4.com on the internet has exploded -- exponentially -- in just the last three days.

Gerald

[Edited by GJarrett on 08-22-2000 at 08:21 PM]

Tom Wilk

Reaction score
City, State
Chattanooga, TN
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Sport
Hopefully, membership is growing enough to hit 3000 on the right day. :)

Roktoy

Reaction score
Sorry dude, i still cant stop laughing, been doing it for the past 15 minutes, my tummy hurts now.
You guys are giving us jeep folks a good laugh.

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
:rolleyes: Hoo-boy.......

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Let it go

Gerald, just let it go. Face it you're now a living legend. This thread had over a thousand hits more than the Colorado Colors Run thread. And this has only been here a few days!!

I enjoy seeing new folks join the board just for this thread and then continue to partipate in other discussions. I think you are the one who said that this was bringing people to the board who never would have had a reason to come before. Just think of yourself as a good will ambassedor!!

SuperDutySteve

Reaction score
Gerald, this thread has been crossposted to the Powerstroke egroup email list. While LMAO, I am sorry to hear of your predicament. Good luck.
Is there anywhere around here that y'all go to try to get your trucks stuck in the mud? I have been unsuccessful in locating a group that gets involved in this. And while I do not own an Exploder, I would like to give it a try around here somewhere. Thanks a million...

[Edited by SuperDutySteve on 08-22-2000 at 10:19 PM]

Swag1138

Reaction score
ROTFLMAO

One more Anandtecher to the mix, but I had to say that Gerald, you are my new hero. I will be telling the story of the "Hootus and the Hurculiner" To my great great grandchildren :)

Thanks for the great laughs.

BTW: Im sending you a cleaning bill....dont ask.

KevinF

Reaction score
More grief from Jeeps...

When I first read the thread, I wondered what sort of half-cocked post this was. After dicking around with the pointer, I realized that this is truly a dickotomy! Should you leave the Hootus alone and be hen-peckered by your future wife, or to scrub him clean and get out of the head-lines? To help you in your time of need, just re-member the immortal words of famous European (near the) Explorer Willie Johnson, "Don't get so cock-sure of yourself that you lose your derection in life."

Well, anyway, thanks for the laugh, and I am sorry about the high price you paid. But hey, everyone needs their 15 minutes of fame, huh??? Sorry this is so schlong.

KevinF

P.S. Boy, even the icon is PERFECT for this thread!!!

GermanXJ

Reaction score
Sorry for your .... inconvenience.

But i have to tell you that this thread has reached the german jeep forums.

This was the funniest thing i've ever seen on any forum.

By the way ... did you think about contacting Herculiner and have them pay for this ..hmmm.. free advertising that spreads around the world? :D

LMAO

Joachim
89 Cherokee

RoverGirl

Reaction score
OUCH!

Gerald,

sorry to hear about your situation and glad to hear it's "clearing up"! Thanks for leaving the posts available for others to see... just thought I'd let you know it's reached the Land Rover community now...

Thanks for the laugh!
RoverGirl

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
:bounce: See Gerald, I dont know how many more clubs we can get on the boards. You made us known a little more. This is great! Welcome to all the newcomers.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

kilroy

Reaction score
City, State
Capron IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 F150
You think?

Maybe we can convert a few into owning the best damn 4x4 in the world. As long as they don't have Firestones that is. :D