How do I get Rear Windows to go up and down | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I get Rear Windows to go up and down

Here’s a photo of the independent plug circled

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No photo.

You can host it elsewhere and post the link here.

Power windows work but only when operating from the driver's door - switches on individual doors don't work.

Overhead lights don't work either - fuse box checked - fuse ok.
negative - I did take all the door panels off, all the wires connected

I just purchased a 2018 PIU. From video linked below, I found that to enable the rear window switches, there is a connector under the drivers seat. Find the connector and connect it...and now the rear window switches work.

Good luck.
( )

Power windows work but only when operating from the driver's door - switches on individual doors don't work.

Overhead lights don't work either - fuse box checked - fuse ok.

...a second video that is even more clear...

Welcome to the Forum Cessna3370U. :wave:

Peter

all good - overhead lights work - bulbs were taken out - windows work as well - I did not have to do anything except to work a bit on the switches that have not been used in quite a while.

thanks though - might help someone else!

I popped the window switches and found a plug not plugged in. My guess is it goes to the window motor.
I found the connection under the drivers seat and it needs to be plugged in, not unplugged as stated above.

HI FOLKS. New to this forum. Just bought 2017 Police Interceptor. Rear windows wont operate from their respective switches. Have connected the grey switch under the drivers door trim, it has power. Both rear motors operate up and down from the master switch, and the Power Probe. Both switches have power going to them. What am i missing, Thanks in advance,

HI FOLKS. New to this forum. Just bought 2017 Police Interceptor. Rear windows wont operate from their respective switches. Have connected the grey switch under the drivers door trim, it has power. Both rear motors operate up and down from the master switch, and the Power Probe. Both switches have power going to them. What am i missing, Thanks in advance,
That's connector locate between b pillar and the driver seat rail was disconnect. It is under the floormat.

Welcome to the Forum MG278 and USMC1812. :wave: :salute:
MG278, your thread was merged with this one on the same issue. Good luck.

Peter

That's connector locate between b pillar and the driver seat rail was disconnect. It is under the floormat.
Ok Thanks for the reply. The rear windows did not work before i connected the grey switch ( plug). Watched a Youtube video that said that was the fix for rear windows not operating from their own switch ????? Is there another switch i should be looking for. The grey plug ( with one wire) was under the floor mat on the left side of the drivers seat.

Ok Thanks for the reply. The rear windows did not work before i connected the grey switch ( plug). Watched a Youtube video that said that was the fix for rear windows not operating from their own switch ????? Is there another switch i should be looking for. The grey plug ( with one wire) was under the floor mat on the left side of the drivers seat.
Connect that plug. And double check make sure the door switch cable are hook on to the door latch behind the door panel.

Disregard my last, I don't know why I was thinking about the door handle. For my 17 FPIU, I reconnected the grey plug on the left side of the driver seat, make sure the rear window switch is plug in. Also check the driver window switch, make sure you did not lock the switch.

Connect that plug. And double check make sure the door switch cable are hook on to the door latch behind the door panel.
Ok Thanks for your reply. I connected the grey plug ( has power to it) took off the rear door panel (both sides) to check the door window switch was connected all the way to the motor. Tested both window motors with my Power Probe and from drivers door master switch all working ok. So i am missing something, windows work fine from master switch, but not from their rear switches. The master switch window lock ????? how to trouble shoot that; or something else. Any help is very much appreciated. Thanks

Disregard my last, I don't know why I was thinking about the door handle. For my 17 FPIU, I reconnected the grey plug on the left side of the driver seat, make sure the rear window switch is plug in. Also check the driver window switch, make sure you did not lock the switch.
Thanks. The drivers door switch for locking the windows, lights up when you press it, but does not seem to do anything, same window operation whether it is engaged or not

Back