how do i inject sea foam into the running engine? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how do i inject sea foam into the running engine?

410 what did you mean by taking a test drive to see if it pours out the tail pipe?

It took me about 3min to pour the 1/3 of Seafoam in the vaccum line. I just tilted the cup and let the line suck it in.

you guys got off topic and lost me here. :(

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Don, if you drove 12 miles dont sweat it, its done.

You did it exaclty right and you are done...

A few drip from the tailpipe is normal, its just condensation........

The two times I have used Sea Foam it did smoke quite a bit, in my truck it was about half as much smoke as my GF's Maxima.....

So like you said, it either evaperated or im guessing there wasnt much build up?

Is the smoke that comes out burnt off carbon or seafoam?

I just find it funny that very little smoke came out.

hey lonestar start up that new thread and see how many people swear by the sea foam

i used to decarbon an old caddy by just pouring h2o down the carb. LOL

If the engine is running and you stop pouring *before* you shut it off, hmmmmm i am rather certain that it is pysically impossible to hydro lock. lol.

Think of it this way, say you have a big block chevy in a a 18 flat bottom at the Colorado River and a big storm comes up and swams your nice boat. Next morning you pull it out of the water and go to start it up as is? Do you think it will hydro lock? LOL yes it is hydrolocked as is.

Another example, If you poured 5 gallons of water down you intake all at once with or without the motor running, do you think it would lock up? yes it would.

Now if you stop the engine and decide to pour more liquid of any kind down your intake, you are asking for lock up!

*AS AN EXAMPLE ONLY* : But if you slowly and carefully poured 5 gallons water down your intake while the engine is running, not allowing the volumn of liquid to be so much as to kill the engine. Could you do this? yes you could. EXAMPLE ONLY

And the solution for the boat guy is too simply remove all the plugs and turn the motor over a few time WOT. clean up and change the oil and he is boating again without the scary hydro lock boggyman.

Originally posted by lonestar
I wouldn't put it in my gas and definately not in my oil. If anything I would use fuel injector cleaner in the fuel and motor flush in the oil.

I took my oil pan off after 200K miles and it was clean as new, no sludge anywhere, now why would I want to risk running thinned out oil in my engine.

Like you say, this is for neglected cars.

So let me guess youd rather use some "name brand" fuel injector that you think is working? Interesting......why do you think Sea Foam is such a scam? lol that is funny. It has been around forever and my dad has used it in his shop for about 25 years. That stuff is an awesome cleaner. I put in my fuel tank every 10,000 or so. Keeps it very clean. I put in through the vacuum line every once in a while too. YOU WILL NOT HYDROLOCK your engine by turning it off. Hundreds of cars come through the shop and we use it on the cars ...never once has there been problems or a hydrolock. That is how I do it everytime. People just need to actually try using it before they tell everyone else how to.:D

Back