How do you prevent rust on scratches | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do you prevent rust on scratches

I have several and I mean several deep scrathes(down to bare metal) on my explorer. what I am wondering is how do I treat the scratches to prevent rust from atacking? I you want to see some pics of some of the scratches click on the link

Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

These scratches are from bumper to bumper down the drivers side. If anyone has any ideas as how to prevent rust from forming please reply.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

repaint or seal it with clearcoat or nailpolish

Wow my 400th post.

Does clear nail polish really work? I heard about this but nobody could tell me if it really works.

it worked on my mountain bike... if you think about it, it is just clear acrylic paint...why wouldnt it work?
dont use moms nailpolish..little chunks will get in it and discolor it and she will get pissed

Move to Arizona... It won't rust down here :D

Originally posted by jimabena74
it worked on my mountain bike... if you think about it, it is just clear acrylic paint...why wouldnt it work?
dont use moms nailpolish..little chunks will get in it and discolor it and she will get pissed

Use nail polish only for a temporary solution. It's just not durable enough. Touch-up paint is the way to go.

Back