How do you remove the front rotors on a 91 XL 4x4 Sport? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do you remove the front rotors on a 91 XL 4x4 Sport?

raptor125

Reaction score
City, State
Yakima, WA
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Expedition 4x4 Sport
Hey guys, thanks for all the info on the front end problems I was having. Come to find out my drivers side inner and outer finally went after I got it home last night. I drove it this morning and it was real bad again. So me and my friend got up under it and checked again, and sure anough, the tie rod was really loose. Well replaced that, but I still haveing a problem with my brakes. It still wants to pull to the left. So we inspected the rotors and come to find out, my drivers side is messed up. No wonder the pedal pulses during brakeing. I thought one was messed up. Anyway, I would like to replace both front rotors. Now how do I do this? Is this complicated. Someone told me you need a special tool to pull these things off. Any info would be great, thanks guys, this site rocks.

First, get yourself a Haynes or Chiltons manual.

Is your Ex 4x2 or 4x4?

Check the "List of useful threads" section. Glacier did a great write up. I think its call 91-94 brake job diary.

IF you have the Stock Auto Hubs, you shouldn't need any special tools.

Back