How do you take off the High Mount Brake Light? 98-01 Explorers... | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do you take off the High Mount Brake Light? 98-01 Explorers...

DHojda

Reaction score
City, State
Toledo, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 Eddie Bauer
I am trying to replace my High Mount (3rd) Brake Light on my 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer, but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried prying it off, but it seems like it's glued on or something. I can't find any info anywhere. Also, I read a bunch of threads about the 95-97 lights, and it is totally different, so please help me with 98-01 style. Thanks y'all!!!

I am trying to replace my High Mount (3rd) Brake Light on my 2000 Explorer Eddie Bauer, but I can't figure out how to do it. I tried prying it off, but it seems like it's glued on or something. I can't find any info anywhere. Also, I read a bunch of threads about the 95-97 lights, and it is totally different, so please help me with 98-01 style. Thanks y'all!!!

you have to remove the plastic panel on your hatch inside. there is a hole cut out to get to the back of the light. there are 3 studs with nuts on them holding the light in.

How do you take off the hatch then? I really don't want to break it. Thanks for the help!

Back