How does one remove the trim panels??? | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How does one remove the trim panels???

Black92LX

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer XLT
What is the best way to remove all the plastic trim panels at the bottom of the doors and wheel wells.
I see from the outside just the black plastic tabs is there anything holding them in at the top?
As for the door I see clips on the inside of the doors anything holding them at the top?

They are beginning to start the famous Ford Fade so I am going to pull them off along with the bumpers and have them sprayed with LineX.

<

helmsa

Reaction score
City, State
Southern Oregon
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Explorer XLT, 3.5 NA
Callsign
K7ATH
Not sure how to, but could look sweet

I'm not sure how to remove the panels, but Line-X might look pretty sweet on them. It looks best on vehicles that have an off roady type look to them. I have seen the Jeep Wranglers with pretty much every accessory on them shot with Line-X and it looked good. On my Dodge pickup that I had, I was going to have them shoot the bottom 4-6 inches because with my oversized tires, I was getting a lot of rock chips, and I was going to have the bed done and over the rails to cover where the previous liner had scuffed the paint really bad. Keep us posted.

<

Donner

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Natomas/Irvine
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sp 03 XLT 4x4s, Scion
WARNING! If you remove the panels, some of those clips are only available by buying a new panel $$$$ I learned that after one of mine tore. I had them painted last year, and they just were never able to remain in place again. So, this week, they all came off. The most difficult piece is the small one that is connected to the bumper - you might need to loosen the bumper to get that piece out; I did.

<

Dbovill21

Reaction score
City, State
Deltona Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 explorer 2dr sport
WARNING! If you remove the panels, some of those clips are only available by buying a new panel $$$$ I learned that after one of mine tore. I had them painted last year, and they just were never able to remain in place again. So, this week, they all came off. The most difficult piece is the small one that is connected to the bumper - you might need to loosen the bumper to get that piece out; I did.
I went to jump care today and pulled them off a junkyard vehicle and saved all the clips I could

<