How good of a deal did i get?

mikebolk

Reaction score
City, State
Parlin NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
96 Sport
hey ladies and germs..

i was crusing the web last night and found somone doing an SAS w/40s from a year old super lift w shocks (i have brandy new skyjacker hydros ill probably use those).. less then 5000 miles on everything wrack ball joints axles control arms tie rods and every other little part and peice all replaced when he did the superlift a year ago only seen the mud once.. also has aftermarket 2" keys (dunno if or when ill use these) and wheel spacers (not sure if im gunna use these). and whetever else he has for IFS put on a pallet and shipped to me for 700 plus freight.

from the seaching i have been doing it seems like i got a sweet deal..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a superlift used runs around a grand. seems like a good deal. they run 1500+ new if im not mistaken. since you dont need the tie rods uca's and everything else that you already have you may be able to talk him down more or atleast not have to pay as much for the shipping... plus i dont know if your shocks will work since its a 4" suspension lift kit.

well the reason i started looking to begin with was that i har a pothole the other night. it did some damage.and nowthe truck wants to turn into my driveway on its own. i took it in for an alignment and to get it up on a lift and see what kind of damage was done.. i found out i needed inner and outer tierods and upper and lower balljoints on the passengerside. i was going to go with xrf everything but these parts all have the moog life time stuff.. so since i need most of this stuff anyway im just gunna take it and have some extra parts.. i never mind having extra parts they usualy come in handy..

oh well that works out great then. lol. im surprised though. you did get a steal for all of that.

total accident man.. but life just works that way sometimes.. i went from being pissed that my truck was down and i needed to lay out $400 or more (forgot to mention my knuckles might be bent) in new parts to stoked that my truck is about to get lifted... im running 31's with offset wheels rite now (TT and shackles)and if i just put the superlift on and soa it and loose the shackles it should look fine till i need tires or i come up with $$ for some 33's who knows maybe ill find some 33's somewhere dirt cheap :D

dont worry a buddy of mine has a 95 wrangler yj with spring over on all corners (around 5.5" on a jeep is a lot) and still runs 31's. he had 33's on for a week or so but he couldnt drive on the road they were so unbalanced. so if you find some tires on craigslist, id say turn away.

i did good with my first set of 31s of craigslist.. just regular LT (lite truck) tires but i picked up another set of offset wheels and 31s at the local swap meet for 440

hell i got the truck off craigslist for 800 with a rebuilt motor and trans and recipts 138k on the body (NO ROT!!) and rear.. all it needed was a brake line and a taillight craigslist post said major brake issue 800 firm i didnt even try to talk him down it was to good a deal already ive since put 20k the first year and another 5k sofar this year..

explorer1.jpg

new set

DSC_0381.jpg

old set

my buddy bought a set of 5 33's for like 300 bucks lol thats probably why. they were a knock off brand of super swamper. they had dry rot and uneven tread wear and just everything that you wouldnt want a tire to have they had lol.

so he bought rollers and tried to drive them haha.. i have a buddy like that he buys all kinds of CRAP off craigslist.. key word here is CRAP.. and then complains about how it doesnt work or it isnt rite.. the key to craigslist is homework.. we all hated it as kids.. but look at us now.. we are all part of a big ford explorer homework club! know what you are buying before you buy it. like this i knew what parts i was getting i just wasnt sure what the going rate of a used superlift kit was going for.. i just knew they are usually gone as soon as they come up so i jumped on it..

thats it exactly. im a very stingy type. hes the type to say (imma get this) he gets it and realizes how bad of a move he made. with him being around me a lot he has gotten better about looking at stuff before he gets it. but yeah man did he send you pictures?

hes got a body lift too

superlift1.jpg

Its coming off tomorrow

well cool man when you receive it shoot some pics. and take pics when you put it on and after of course

For sure.. I will do a little rite up even though I'm sure its been done a million times before... maybe one day it will help someones explorer homework one day..

dude there are always people on here asking about how to do something when its been covered thousands of times lol. itll be nice to have a write up with pics. maybe if an admin on here saw it and it was detailed enough, it could be stickied

^dang that is a good price. i guess i was wrong. then again though he seems to be getting a good price still since he is getting a whole suspension that he needed plus a lift. i dont think he is getting a terrible deal.

Back