• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

how i built my roll pan

vroomzoomboom

Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS!
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 supercharged 347 sport
thanks again. she doesnt look to pretty at the moment. all the snow is melting here right now. you cant even tell what color it is! LOL! as for the exhaust, i am watching for a wreaked 5L explorer. if i find one, i will be doing a motor swap, and when done, it will have duals on it. at the moment, i am making some projector head lights for it as well. couldn't afford the group buy they had.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CrazyAlaskan

Reaction score
City, State
Wasilla, Alaska
Year, Model & Trim Level
1994 Explorer Limited 4wd
Cool, I would love to drop a 5.0 in mine. I know what you meen about the snow, im from Alaska and I know what its like during break up. Even the sharpest vehicles look nasty with dirt and slush all over em.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
my view on that is if you want something different than someone else, it will take work. otherwise, you will never stand out. that has been my opinion for a long time. but thanks for the compliment.

Jakee

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
That turned out well.

I have to admit, I was a little worried about how this was going to turn out while following the thread, but the end result is awesome.

GRNMACHINE

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
95 Sport 4x4
WOW, that really looks custom, quality, and awesome. I am not a fan of roll pans on our 2nd gens but that just changed. You do fantastic work. Dont worry about liability, I have a Craftsman "mechanix" tool set, Craftsman creeper, Craftsman lift, and a soldering iron. Even if I did have the tools I dont have the skillz... Great writeup, really gives an even better appreciation for what you created. See alot of Chevy's with fiberglass rollpans and the paint doesnt even match the truck most of the time. Nice Job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
thanks again. yes it did take some work, but in the end i am glad i did it. every time i see another explorer rippin around (and we don't have to many modified ones here so evil stands out like a sore thumb) with a stock rear bumper, it just doesnt look right to me!

Jakee

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Huntsville, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 Sport
I think the wiper arm must go too.

Also, I think it'll look way better with nerf bars.

My 2 cents you didn't ask for.

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
i would like to loose the wiper arm, but i do use it a lot, so it must stay. the nerf bars, that one i am not sure about. i like it with out them, that and the factory ones where rusted up, and looked like hell, so they where removed when i first got it.

MONMIX

I fix dents
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
my nerf bars would be in the trash is my eight year old daughter didnt need then to get in and out of the truck :(

CJExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4X4
do you have pictured of how the diamond plate turned out (the rear hatch open)??

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
i will post one later. its hard for it to show up because its black as well, that and for the moment, evil needs a bath.

dkchrist

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Fayetteville, AR
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 XLT 4DR
Amazing, that was quite the time commitment to get that done but looks freaking AWESOME!

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
here's what the diamond plate looks like painted and on the truck. sorry for it looking dirty. havent had time lately to give evil a bath.

r8bbqt.jpg

CJExplorer

Reaction score
City, State
San Diego, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 XLT 4X4
Awesome. Thanks
Looks Great, you defantly got some talent. :thumbsup:

Reaction score
City, State
Elkhart Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 EXT
looks great!! wow!.. was that real hard to do tho? take a long time?

vroomzoomboom

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
selkirk, manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level

Reaction score
City, State
Elkhart Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1999 EXT
k. sorry had a bad internet connection and was getting kick off by my sister didnt have time to read it all... my bad

kel_racing

Reaction score
City, State
Alabama
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
major props just found this thread, love it and so easy to do with an imagination, really flows great with the rest of the body +100 for ya man, I'll Take one please, really, awesome man.
KEL Racing

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.