How is this one single light STILL on??????? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How is this one single light STILL on???????

A few weeks ago I put LEDs/Neons under my dash and seats. I used a neon tube for the dashboard and little 6" LED tubes for under the seats. The neon light and LED tube under the driver's seat work perfectly with the streetglow switch. However, the other LED tube turns on (with switch off) when it is in a certain direction (???????????). I caped all my connections AND wrapped e. tape around them. How could any power be getting through? Any suggestion besides going back and redoing every connection?

Do you have a voltmeter? Might help you figure out where the problem is. When I wired mine up one was only getting half power, and I used the voltmeter to find where the issue was. I'd pick one up if you don't have one, they are all kinds of handy when doing wiring.

Yes I do have one. I guess I will start at the switch and work backwards.

Alright I have retraced all my steps, redoing all connections. There is STILL power getting to that light. How does 1 light of 3 (all coming from the same switch) stay on but the other 2 do not?! I went to test the only place where I had connections with a volt meter. I touched the + to the red line on the volt meter and the black to a metal screw. This is with the switch OFF. A spark flew and the fuse popped. Changed all connections, put in a new fuse and lights is still turning on in certain positions. This is a flexible LED tube that is staying on. It mostly turns on when I pull the tube tight. Meaning a pull from each end in a right and left motion.

Here is the Streetglow switch I have. It is a music interface card but it is till nothing more than a switch when you want it to be.

http://www.urban-neon-car-lights.com/car-lights/street-glow-music-control-module.html

Back