how long after order till build date info? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

how long after order till build date info?

scruffyduck

Reaction score
City, State
Illinois
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 xlt 4x4
Ordered new explorer march 26 . Haven't received any vin.or build
Date info yet .
Just wondering if anyone who has ordered
Has any information on how long it takes
Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You should have received VIN info by now. I would call the dealership and ask for an update.

Once you get the VIN, go here: http://www.etis.ford.com/ You can also download your actual window sticker from here as well, once you have a build date.

Vin #

You should reach out to Crystal, she should be able to find the info for you.

TB

Here is the ink to this post:
http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=416750&page=10

Hey, folks!

Don't forget that I can track and update you on the progress of your Explorers. Once you pull the trigger on ordering, send me a PM with your order number and dealership name/location. As an FYI, order numbers are four characters long and can be letters, numbers, or a combination of both. If you don't see something matching that description on your paperwork, just give your sales rep a call and they'll provide it to you.

Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] [MENTION=1095]FORD[/MENTION]
f: facebook.com/FordExplorer facebook.com/Ford

Thanks already have crystal checking on it periodically.
No info from dealer either. I thought it was taking a long time.

I placed my order in late February and haven't gotten a VIN or build date yet either. My dealer stated that they are currently filling initial dealer stock.

My dealer told me they would build retail orders before
Dealer stock.

2016 Explorer

i ordered mine around the same time. I check in with ford service and all I get is its in processing. We should get some good news soon.

Scheduling of the 2016 production began on March 12th and actual production began on May 4th. I would expect early orders to begin having VIN's assigned pretty soon. On some past models it could take 8 -10 weeks to get the vehicle delivered. At other times it was 6 -8 weeks. I ordered my 2011 Limited on Dec. 23rd, 2010 and it was at the dealership on March 4th. Keep in mind that the factory closed for almost 3 weeks for Christmas/New Years so my order likely didn't get processed until sometime in January.

Peter

Back