How long from "In Transit" to "At Dealer?" | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How long from "In Transit" to "At Dealer?"

IslandFamily

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Sterling Gray Limited
So, just like everything with this process I know this timeline is going to vary greatly but I wanted to get an idea for how long it's taking these cars to arrive.

I got the great news today that mine is "In Transit." In in San Diego so I'm prepared for another long wait. Hopefully I'll be pleasantly surprise! How about all of you? How long did it take to go from "In Transit" to your dealer and where are you located?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dealer says to expect 7-14 days after being told "in transit"

My husband just got off the phone with the dealer and he told him 2-3 days...LOL. No WAY! I'm hoping next week at some point but again, not holding my breath.

Wow..yours must have wings~ LOL

Yes, LOL. Our dealer has NO clue. When I asked how long it would take for them to install the DVD player and roof rails he was surprised to learn they were dealer installed. Yikes!

haha your delivery should be interesting.

Built 3/31. Sync 4/1. InTransit 4/5. Arrived at dealer today( 4/13 )

Built 3/25. In transit 4/4. Transit time 3 days from Chicago to Denver. 6 days (and counting) in Denver just 60 miles away. I feel the shipment/transit debacle with Ford makes them look really bad. For Ford, they contract to 3rd party vendors to ship their product but it appears they have little say on when they are delivered. I suspect our X is stuck in Denver waiting for a full truckload before delivery but the dealer has recieved vehicles this week from the same transit company where our X is parked.

Built 3/25. In transit 4/4. Transit time 3 days from Chicago to Denver. 6 days (and counting) in Denver just 60 miles away. I feel the shipment/transit debacle with Ford makes them look really bad. For Ford, they contract to 3rd party vendors to ship their product but it appears they have little say on when they are delivered. I suspect our X is stuck in Denver waiting for a full truckload before delivery but the dealer has recieved vehicles this week from the same transit company where our X is parked.

I am in the same boat... I have been told that mine has been sitting in RI (maybe 90 miles away) since Monday.

Mine was built 3/29, sync 3/30...as of last Friday(4/8) it has been in Buffalo, NY.
I don't know when it actually got the "in transit" status.

Great news. My vehicle went to in transit mode on Tuesday(12th) and was at dealership late Wednesday(13th) (Chicago to St. Louis). The headrest DVD will be installed today at the dealership and my husband is scheduled to pick his vehicle up at 3:00 pm.
15 weeks from start to finish. Glad to finally have the vehicle but I do think that Ford owes everyone an explanation as to why vehicles sat in Chicago for weeks on end. If specific parts for vehicles were missing and that is what the hold up was we all should have been told this including the dealerships. To me it felt as though no one really had an answer. I know that this lack of information would not be acceptable at the company I work at.

Like I said the vehicle is here and will be in my garage tonight and for that I am happy

Wow awesome!!! It amazes me how everyone is so different with dates & times.
No rhyme or reason.

Mine arrived in the Buffalo, NY on 4/13 @ 12:25 ET (Norfolk Southern Corp)

See this is what I mean..Jade's is going to PA, mine is going to CT.
It's pretty much a straight shot from IL to PA..why take it to Buffalo??
Then there is Bill, who is relatively close to me in CT & his went through RI.....

My ETA is today...but so far no call & no one saying it has left Buffalo since last Fri.

I just called my sales guy... No Updates. He asked how I knew it was in RI? This caught me off guard, as it was his dealership that told me that last week and confirmed by CSR yesterday... I was hoping for lucky 13th delivery... Maybe +1 day <fingers crossed>

My X Limited was built 2/23 I was told by the dealer on 4/8 that it was on a rail car and yesterday 4/13 the dealer called saying it was in Buffalo. He said it could be a couple of days to put it on a truck and haul it to Rochester.

Apparently our Explorers are enjoying the birth place of Buffalo Wings....
Well..except, Bill's!

I don't like RI clam chowder too much ;)

maybe your X will show up with a couple dozen wings LOL

I wouldn't mind if they threw a few dozen Anchor Bar wings (home of the Buffalo wing) in the back of the X, of course that would kill the new car smell ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am in the same boat... I have been told that mine has been sitting in RI (maybe 90 miles away) since Monday.

Hey Bill..my EX got to RI yesterday. Wonder if we will now be on the same hauler?

Back