How long have you been an EF member? 2019 version | Page 2 | Ford Explorer - Ford Ranger Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How long have you been an EF member? 2019 version

How long have you been an EF member?

• Less than 1 year

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1-2 years

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • 3-5 years

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • 6-10 years

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • 11-15 years

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • 16-20+

Votes: 19 44.2%

• Total voters

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Posting to check my join date.

<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
Seventeen years.

One and only one Explorer. Long since gone :(

Damn, I miss that thing.

<

mic98xlt

Reaction score
City, State
West Haven, Ct.
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT
03 Sport
Come the month of June, 14 quality years! Still have same Explorer.

<

timtimtimajim

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Colorado Springs, CO
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 Explorer Sport
5 years already. Joined a year after I started driving, the Explorer being my first car.

<

shucker1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Metairie, Louisiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 XLT 5.0
<

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.
12/31/2013, the very last day of 2013. Loved every minute of it.

<

<

QuietStorm17

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bowie, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT 4WD
One year, one month and two days, I’m just a rookie but I got a lot of miles out of the EF in this short period and many more miles to go.
This thread got me in trouble with the wife. She wanted to know how many years, months and days that we’ve been together. I got the years and months but not the days and I took too long to answer. I hope she’s messing with me or I might be sleeping in my X tonight( maybe I should rephrase that to “sleeping in my Explorer tonight).

<

Josh P

Shaggin Wagon
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Phoenix Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 aerostar
This thread got me in trouble with the wife. She wanted to know how many years, months and days that we’ve been together. I got the years and months but not the days and I took too long to answer. I hope she’s messing with me or I might be sleeping in my X tonight( maybe I should rephrase that to “sleeping in my Explorer tonight).
So the answer, still feels like yesterday does not work? I met my wife 17 years 1 month and 27 days ago. . I've been a member here for 4 years.

<

QuietStorm17

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Bowie, Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Explorer XLT 4WD
Good answer but I did not think of that. After 30 years with her I’ve learned when to say the right things at the right time but not tonight. She was messing with me. She couldn’t keep a straight face anymore.

<

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH

Now that's funny:dead:

<

Kris Guilbeaux

Elite Demon Secretary
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Austin,Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
92 Nav, 99 Mounty, 98 Ex
Says I joined Feb 12, 1999 but I was around before it was EF. Back when it was off 4x4central

Damn I feel old now. :(

<

section525

sextion525
Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Red Bluff, Ca
Year, Model & Trim Level
1975 Ford Bronco 4x4
18 years and some change. Probably about a 1/2 dozen Explorers. Same wife. New kids.

<

Rick

Pumpkin Pilot
Staff member
Admin
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Wayoutin, Aridzona
Year, Model & Trim Level
'93 XL Pumpkin Edition
Callsign
AB7FH
Damn I feel old now. :(

You've still got a ways to go. At 57 I'm thinking about a 15 year plan, hoping that I can continue to wrench on all my own stuff into my 70s:eek: For that reason I just purchased a 4 post lift to help save my back, and knees from the constant up and down off the ground that I was used to. All I know is that we've been in our "new" house for 15 years now and that time just flew by. :(

<

Mbrooks420

High Voltage.
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
1998 Mountaineer AWD
You've still got a ways to go. At 57 I'm thinking about a 15 year plan, hoping that I can continue to wrench on all my own stuff into my 70s:eek: For that reason I just purchased a 4 post lift to help save my back, and knees from the constant up and down off the ground that I was used to. All I know is that we've been in our "new" house for 15 years now and that time just flew by. :(
Sometimes you gotta keep active. My grandfather was very mechanically into his mid 80s. He used to out work me deep into his 70s.

<

<

Brian1

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Albuquerque, NM
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
Callsign
KG5BAQ
I also lurked around for about a year and joined in February of 2000. Still have my original Explorer and my 2nd Explorer. All total I have owned 7 different Explorers although most have been short lived parts trucks.

<

MONMIX

I fix dents
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Millersville , Maryland
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Explorer Sport
So...

Solve the problem...
I wasn't aware it was a problem. :D

Seriously. I have neither the time, the budget nor the desire to take on a project vehicle. I work on cars all day, the last thing I want to do at 5:00 is work on another.

Don't misunderstand me, some of the best years of my life were spent working on my Explorer. Met some great people, made some great friends. It is a chapter that is done for now.
That said, gen 2's can be had for SUPER cheap nowadays.

<

BrooklynBay

Moderator & long time member.
Staff member
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Brooklyn, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
<

Join the Elite Explorers $20 Gets rid of the ads!

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

Mike65

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
In my garage working on one of our vehicles.
City, State
Horsepasture, Virginia.
Year, Model & Trim Level
00 Ranger 4x4, 99 Sport.

Rick. I am 61 & still do almost all the work on our 3 trucks, my 69 Mustang, & my wife's motorcycle. I wish I had room for a lift, but with a 1 car garage it is not happening.

<