How many 2010 Sport Tracs were built? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many 2010 Sport Tracs were built?

kenkip

Reaction score
City, State
San Jose, CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Limited
Just dropped by to check out what I could find out about my new Sport Trac Limited. I don't see any other 2010 ST owners out there, guess they'll filter in. I'm not finding too many accessories out there for the new ST's. Considering the lot I got mine from had 2 ST's and about 40 F150's, I guess that they're not too common. Does anyone know how many were built for 2010? Just curious.
Thanks in advance.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not many at all. Don't know the exact number but the 08-09 models are very limited as well. What color did you get? I'm wishing I'd held out for a blue one now.

i have a 2007 STrac v8, and have been told there arent enough of this model out there for after market manufacturers to want to mold out parts for it, some do, but not many- my CAT just went bad on me 85k, ford dealer wants about 3k to repair!!! I have seen after market universal CATs costing around 150.00 to 375.00- but dont know if those would fit my model ST-

I do believe cats are guarantied for the 100k, part of the drive train and cat warranty.

Still building 2010s

Hi Im new here.
They are still building the 2010s. I ordered one through my local dealership. It is currently on a train to NJ to be delivered to the dealership later this week. They just havent been in continuous production like a few years ago. I ordered mine a couple of months ago and had to wait for them to do a run to get it. I am trading in my 2003 ST XLT 4x4 that has been very good to me and I have loved owning since I bought it second hand in 2004. Kinda sad to see it go, but Im excited about the new one too.

After they didnt build any for the one year (2006?), I was very happy that they started making them again because I just dont think I would be happy with anything else! They are great trucks IMO.

That's right. No '06 Sport Trac. Sometimes you can run across an " 06 ST " on e-bay. Cracks me up. Always think, "Gee, $10K for a one of a kind truck is awfully cheap". Just mistaken sellers. Also no 2011 Sport Trac. Not that big of a loss though considering what the 2011 will be. I keep hoping Ford will release a full on 4 door Ranger variant to fill the void. But not likely.

No 2011?! I sure hope thats not the end of the Sport Trac. I think they are the most comfortable and versatile small truck in existence. My first truck was a Ranger and I prefer the Sport Trac hands down.

BTW they did/do have a 4 dr Ranger XLT and Sport models (as per the Ford website), but Ive never seen one. My guess is that you would have to order one new if you wanted one.

http://www.fordvehicles.com/trucks/ranger/models/

Just did a little research and yes the 2010 will be the last ST made :(.
I am very happy I decided to buy a 2010 and not wait until 2011.

I think this is very sad. F150s, as great as they are, are too big for my needs and the current Rangers really arent what I want either. The ST is the best of both worlds, offering comfortable seating for 4 people and a small cargo area that doesnt get damaged like a regular Explorer or the trunk of a car if you put certain things in it. I can also tow my small boat behind it with no problem.

I also read that the new explorers will be moving to a unibody and a crossover platform, I assume to make them lighter, more fuel efficient (damn this economy!). IMO this is not good. One of the reasons why I like Fords is because of the heavier frame construction over the unibody.

The Ranger is supposed to be redesigned in 2012 so I can only hope they come out with something more akin to the ST with that truck. Otherwise, I hate to say it but I might have to switch to another brand that offers something like the ST.

I can only hope that before I need to replace my 2010, the economy gets better enough that I can find something to replace it with.

Just made it!

Thankfully I just made the cut ... drove home a Black Pearl Slate 2010 STL last Friday and plan to enjoy it for many miles and years to come. Over the past several months during my serious search for my next ride it has been obvious that ST production has been extremely limited when compared to other Ford models and that suits me just fine. I would have hated to have waited for the next model year and missed the opportunity of owning a brand new Sport Trac. I doubt that I will do many modifications any time soon but will definitely be checking back here to see if I get inspired.

I have seen a few 4 door Rangers out and about here in So CA. I have not been able to talk with any of the drivers to see if they were special order or merely driven up from Mexico. I understand the 4 door Ranger is a export model only.

HI, I'm new here. I am a Ford salesman and I presently own an '08 Sport Trac but about to upgrade to a 2010 Adrenaline. Yes, 2010 is the last year for the Sport Trac. There are still many available and your local Ford dealership should be able to locate you one. Although, the Adrenaline is running thin and you cannot hardly find any performance parts for them!

eppd00

Which dealership?

Did an Internet search and found this re the 2012 Ford Ranger; looks like it may be somewhat along the lines of our Sporties but the article claims it's based off of a "heavily modified Mazda BT-50". We know Ford owns a controlling interest in Mazda. Spy photos indicate the vehicle will be a solid rear axle, not a live axle as is found in the latest Sporties.

http://wot.motortrend.com/6666900/w...-ranger-mules-cruise-beverly-hills/index.html

There's lots more out there. Trying a Google search with "2012 Ford Ranger".

bout time they made a 4-door Ranger for the US market, but I hope it comes with the 4.8L or it wont perform like some people need (including me)

HI, I'm new here. I am a Ford salesman and I presently own an '08 Sport Trac but about to upgrade to a 2010 Adrenaline. Yes, 2010 is the last year for the Sport Trac. There are still many available and your local Ford dealership should be able to locate you one. Although, the Adrenaline is running thin and you cannot hardly find any performance parts for them!

yeah, what dealership? And it must be a small world cause I lived in Tallapoosa for 2 years and graduated high school at HCHS.

oh really? I work at Buster Miles Ford in Heflin, AL.. and I also graduated from HCHS.

bout time they made a 4-door Ranger for the US market, but I hope it comes with the 4.8L or it wont perform like some people need (including me)
Lucky if we see the 4.0 V6, a small diesel would be nice thou.

eppd00

Bought my 08 Adrenalin at the new Pioneer Ford in Bremen

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does anyone know how many were built for 2010? Just curious.

I am just back from the MySportTrac.com meet in Louisville, KY, where among other things we got a tour of the assembly plant and lunch courtesy of Ford. :thumbsup:

We were told they will build somewhere in the neighborhood of 12,000 Sport Tracs this year and Ford really needs to produce over 15,000 of something for it to be profitable. The current Explorer will be replaced by a unit-body chassis like the Lincoln MKX called the C-chassis and there are currently no plans to produce a pickup version. The people from Ford said that it boils down to fuel economy and a body-on-frame vehicle is simply too heavy to improve the fuel economy much more.

The Louisville plant will be converted and in fact expanded to build a number of vehicles based on the new C-chassis.

Back