How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How many 2016 Sports run the Livernois Tuner?

JUCD VPR

Reaction score
City, State
Belleville, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
16' Explorer Sport
Just picked up a brand new 2016 Explorer Sport, I'm still breaking it in but I would like to add a tune to it after the break in period.

Just curious before I do, how many 2016 Sports are running the Livernois Tune without any issues?

Also how do you like it? ANY issues at all?

Do you simply De-Tune it when you take it to the dealership, like I previously did with my SRT8 Challenger and Diablo Predator Tuner?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Just picked up a brand new 2016 Explorer Sport, I'm still breaking it in but I would like to add a tune to it after the break in period.

Just curious before I do, how many 2016 Sports are running the Livernois Tune without any issues?

Also how do you like it? ANY issues at all?

Do you simply De-Tune it when you take it to the dealership, like I previously did with my SRT8 Challenger and Diablo Predator Tuner?

Congrats on the new family member!

We have quite a few 16's on here that are tuned already, and most with a few bolt ons already! You can talk to Vic, blackjack and 16sport. They are the few that I can pick off the top of my head.

The only issue that we have into is that one member used a non recommended fuel in his car. The result is a misfire. Not a big issue, but an irritant none-the-less.

Yes whenever you go into the dealership simply plug in your MyCal tuner and select the stock tune file. Your tuner holds up to 4 custom tunes AND your stock tune file at the same time. It is fast and easy to flash a new tune onto your car. It will take you around 10 mins to load a tune for the first time. After that and you are not concerned with reading each and every single line that pops up on the screen it is much faster. I can load a tune in 5 minutes while I flip through my Instagram feed...EASY!

I am running their tune with only hardware mod of 3 bar map sensor. Haven't driven it much since adding the tune...I have 400 miles on the vehicle and added it with around 300 I'm guessing. Much better than the stock tune and seems to be running just fine.

I have their tune on my 2015 installed at 2,000 and now have 16,000 miles with no issues. I have run their 93 3bar performance V3 & V4 tune, also the 93 3bar towing tune. I just keep the oil changed, tire rotated every 5,000 miles using full synthetic oil and have only run Shell 93 octane fuel.

At a minimum, use gapped plugs at .030", their 160 thermostat, 3bar map sensor, and top brand high octane fuel with the tuner, that way you will get the most out the tune and should not have any issues.

Thank you for taking your time to put up your reviews Jason and BlackJac! We appreciate it very much!

I just traded in my 2014 EX Sport for the 2016 EX Sport. Took delivery 10 days ago.
I ran the LMS 93 Performance tune in my 2014 for nearly 2 years / 36,000 km without any issues what-so-ever. Stock plugs and no MAF sensor upgrade - just Chevron (Canada) 94 octane fuel.
While travelling in the USA I used primarily 91 octane (could never find 93 in WA or OR...) I took it easy if I had the 91 fuel on board but travelled back and forth over the Cascades a few times - again no issue.

I always thought that the 2 to 3 shift was a little firm/abrupt on the 2014 93 Perf tune, but not enough to do anything about it.

LMS was awesome to deal with in changing my AIW Tuner over to the new 2016 EX Sport tunes! Supply proof of purchase (original tune and new vehicle), reformat AIW, load in new tunes and GO!

I am running the 2016 EX Sport 93 Perf Tune but taking it really easy as only have <600km on new vehicle. Shifting and throttle response feel smoother/quicker and so far very pleased.
Based upon my previous experience with LMS and their tunes, I anticipate the same trouble-free performance upgrade as experienced on my 2014 Sport!

+++ Thanks Anthony and LMS!

This thread pleases me :D

I just traded in my 2014 EX Sport for the 2016 EX Sport. Took delivery 10 days ago.
I ran the LMS 93 Performance tune in my 2014 for nearly 2 years / 36,000 km without any issues what-so-ever. Stock plugs and no MAF sensor upgrade - just Chevron (Canada) 94 octane fuel.
While travelling in the USA I used primarily 91 octane (could never find 93 in WA or OR...) I took it easy if I had the 91 fuel on board but travelled back and forth over the Cascades a few times - again no issue.

I always thought that the 2 to 3 shift was a little firm/abrupt on the 2014 93 Perf tune, but not enough to do anything about it.

LMS was awesome to deal with in changing my AIW Tuner over to the new 2016 EX Sport tunes! Supply proof of purchase (original tune and new vehicle), reformat AIW, load in new tunes and GO!

I am running the 2016 EX Sport 93 Perf Tune but taking it really easy as only have <600km on new vehicle. Shifting and throttle response feel smoother/quicker and so far very pleased.
Based upon my previous experience with LMS and their tunes, I anticipate the same trouble-free performance upgrade as experienced on my 2014 Sport!

+++ Thanks Anthony and LMS!

Thank you so much for taking time out to post your review of our tuning and customer service! We appreciate it greatly.:salute::notworthy

I have driven a tuned 2016 and I would have to agree on the shifting! There is no doubt that the stock XSport has fair power for its displacement and dimensions, BUT after tuning that thing it is like night and day! I know that saying that rather cliche', but it is 100% true.

This thread pleases me :D

It pleases us too:bounce::biggthump

Just scored my 2016 blacked out silver sport last week and ordered my tune from Jason today!

Can not wait to upload! Love the sport+ but something tells me I'm gonna love it even more.

Got my tune back in less than a day. 30 minutes to install after clearing codes B1215 and P0073.

Will be taking it for a ride shortly.

Customer service with the Liver guys has been STELLAR.

Thanks to the forum for the turn on, and hats off to the LMS team for excellent support.:salute:

HOT DAAYUUUM SUNNY BEEEECH!

Now that is the way the car should come from the factory. Now I don't mind the outrageous payments.

No more slush box paddle shifting. You can feel exactly what gear it is in. Very nice turbo moan through the k&n filter. Lag is unnoticeable. The back of the vehicle squats big time now.

The difference is way more than night and day.....Lets say it is worth the ass whipping I will get when the wife gets the bill!

My agreement was for limo tint on all the windows, a kick ass tune, a skid plate and a hood protector.

Still gotta get the hood protector and skid plate ASAP!

Thanks again for LMS for an easy to install with an ultra fast turn around that works awesome!

Got my tune back in less than a day. 30 minutes to install after clearing codes B1215 and P0073.

Will be taking it for a ride shortly.

Customer service with the Liver guys has been STELLAR.

Thanks to the forum for the turn on, and hats off to the LMS team for excellent support.:salute:

Now that is the way the car should come from the factory. Now I don't mind the outrageous payments.

No more slush box paddle shifting. You can feel exactly what gear it is in. Very nice turbo moan through the k&n filter. Lag is unnoticeable. The back of the vehicle squats big time now.

The difference is way more than night and day.....Lets say it is worth the ass whipping I will get when the wife gets the bill!

My agreement was for limo tint on all the windows, a kick ass tune, a skid plate and a hood protector.

Still gotta get the hood protector and skid plate ASAP!

Thanks again for LMS for an easy to install with an ultra fast turn around that works awesome!

So does that mean that you are liking the tune, I'm confused? :D

Thank you for taking your time to let us know about your experience with our sales, service and tuning.

If there is ever anything else that we can do please let us know.

Treadmarks, how hard does it shift? I don't mind feeling the shift if over 50% throttle, but I want it to be at least as smooth as stock when the wife is putting around in town and not laying into it. I also don't want wide open throttle shifts to be too harsh. The wife won't put up with harsh shifts and the harder the shift the more it hurts the drivetrain.

Livernois, do you have different shift strategies set up in your tune for Drive vs Sport, just like the factory? If so, what are the differences in the two strategies?

Thanks

DSC_0659_zps0rrlr2vo.jpg

DSC_0641-2_zpstkiawcnd.jpg

Livernois, do you have different shift strategies set up in your tune for Drive vs Sport, just like the factory? If so, what are the differences in the two strategies?

Thanks

There are not different strategies for those modes even stock. Our tune does alter each driving mode just like the factory tune does. It is drive by wire, so there are slight modifications that occur when you select different modes. For example, sport mode's mapping typically gets better MPG VS drive because the sport mode doesn't constantly shift to and from OD.

Sport mode also holds each gear longer and downshifts sooner, especially when on the brake to assist with engine braking. Do you change the modifications that Sport mode does or do the stock modifications get applied to the changes you made for Drive? I am guessing that you must alter these modifications since the stock Sport changes might not work well with the changes you made to the Drive mode.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sport mode also holds each gear longer and downshifts sooner, especially when on the brake to assist with engine braking. Do you change the modifications that Sport mode does or do the stock modifications get applied to the changes you made for Drive? I am guessing that you must alter these modifications since the stock Sport changes might not work well with the changes you made to the Drive mode.

That is exactly what I gave as an example.

But in any event, our tuning does affect all drive modes of your truck. All modes work just like they do when stock with our tune.

Back