• Register Today It's free!

How many washer motors?

machine4321

Reaction score
City, State
Ontario
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 sport
I can't be sure from the parts site but it looks as if there is only one wiper motor. I would assume there is two (front,rear).

Any chance there is more? Rear camera nozzle isn't working but rear window is. I pulled the panel enough to see that the line is attached. Maybe it's clogged or something but I get a bit OCD and would rather get it fixed then have the dealer pulling panels.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'd bet that there are 2 pumps, but I'm sure PeterK9 will correct us but without having the time to dig into online manuals I would suspect that there would be 1 for each end of the vehicle and 2 nozzles/hoses per pump. As my experience and per design when spraying on either end both should be cleaned (if equipped with front camera)

I think you are referring to the number of pumps for the washer system, including the camera washers. From what I can see on the parts list, there is only one pump. This pump is used for both front and rear windows and cameras.

Peter

Thats what I am seeing aswell. Must have Different outputs that sends it rearward. Im wondering if clogged nozzle or something. I may pull the panel off and trace the hose, it goes into the spoiler first but from there I will have to look.

Thats what I am seeing aswell. Must have Different outputs that sends it rearward. Im wondering if clogged nozzle or something. I may pull the panel off and trace the hose, it goes into the spoiler first but from there I will have to look.
Are you sure it goes to the spoiler first. It is a little hard to tell but it looks like the front and rear camera washers have their own feed lines separate from the window ones.

My 2016 front camera washer stopped working last winter. No tell tale trail of fluid to tell me that the hose popped of, and it's buried somewhere behind the bumper. Have to investigate how that front bumper comes off.

My 2016 front camera washer stopped working last winter. No tell tale trail of fluid to tell me that the hose popped of, and it's buried somewhere behind the bumper. Have to investigate how that front bumper comes off.
Are you not still under warranty? If so, why not let the dealer check it out?

Peter

Turns out mine was clogged. I thought I saw some dirt in there. When I washed it I gave it a good blast and its all good now!

Back