• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How much do you pay to drive yours?

Goober

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Lexington, SC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91XLT4x4
Having moved from Georgia to S.Carolina, I just got one severe shock. It appears here in this great land, South Carolina charges a property tax on vehicles. Ignorance on my part, I guess, but I was unaware of this. Anyway, for my 10 year old 165,000 mile vehicle, I was still charged almost $250 just for the privilege to drive in this 'great' state. Add another $30 for the new tag. My wifes car on the other hand, was $30 less and it is half as many miles and only 4 years old. WHAT THE ^$#^#*%^?? I mean, my truck is TEN years old... what a rip off. Why do people drive older cars to begin with,...probably because they CAN'T afford to drive a new one. So what does this state do??, they almost make it impossible to get a newer one by charging an a$$load of money to drive your old one. One way or another, the politicians see their way to getting as much as possible from the one who can least afford it. LEACHES!!! Sorry folks, just had to vent a little.......

[Edited by Goober on 02-06-2001 at 05:21 AM]

rustytr

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Leadville, Colorado
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
My 2000 sport here in Colorado cost me $389. :mad:

mdrut

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Inverness, Fl.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'91 sport
Florida use to have a similar tax..Excise..Paid it on your vehicle when you registered it...They finally done away with it..Someone proved it was unconstitutional to pay tax on your vehicle twice..Refunded money to people who had paid it, that was a couple of years ago and you still had to own the vehicle..