How much for 5.0? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much for 5.0?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

6k?

i think at ford racing you can get a 320HP 302 V8 for like 8gs! lol that'll get your X rollin!

Its not the motor thats expensive, its all the conversion parts that are needed to do it.
-Fullsize tranny (your stock won't work)
-Radiator
-motor mounts
-hedders
-complete exhaust system
-wiring/computer
-remote oil lines
-etc, etc, etc, $$$$$$$$$
Estimate on over 5K by the time your done!
(if your planning to use an EFI engine and make it emission compliant)

asp84 is in the park for parts around 3 to 4 K.
the engine can run anywhere you want depending on the amount of HP.

A remanufactured engine is, will it be what you want.
Are u looking for a stock engine or do you want a little more on the low end or maybe the top end ?
Determine what you are going to do with this vehicle and get an engine that will work for you. Too much HP and the tril ride becomes a problem, too much low end and the drag times go to heXX. Also, salvage yards have good low mileage motors less expensive than a rebuiilt. Mine was a 35000 mile job abd has run now for about 6+ years with out a problem, (Knock on Wood).

You can find any type of engine you can thing of, as long as you can pay for it.

The whole project along with a good output engine will run over the 8K mark, with a stock rebuild maybe a little less but not much.

One last word, think about the whole package, engine/gearing/tire size, before you buy an engine.

Good Luck,
Let the forum know where you go with this and why.

If yer talking price to for labor to install the motor as well, the price is astronomically high. So high, it IS cheaper to buy a new X with a V-8 in it. My swap isn't done yet, and I'm at about 5k now... Pronbly at 6k when all is said and done.
Pete

RFR2212
He is talking a new engine also.
How much for that ?
That is why maybe a low mileage engine might work out.

Back