• Register Today It's free!

How much for driveshaft?

i8u

Reaction score
City, State
Miami, St. Louis, Roaring Fork Valley
Year, Model & Trim Level
06 SR5 4.7L 4runner
Hey guys. I just purchased the 4 inch superlift kit for my rig. I didn't order the driveshaft cause I wanted to see if I could find it for less elsewhere. I know I will need a new driveshaft. But do I have any other options and how much should I spend for one? The best I have found the superlift driveshaft is for about 400 plus shipping.

Also I am going to get the superlift speed cal to recalibrtate my speedo. IS $182 plus shipping a good price? Do I have any other options?

Also where can I get a front skidplate besides the superlift one? Seems like to much also......

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Someone locally should be able to lengthen your driveshaft for about 100-120 dollars.

svande8952 said:
Someone locally should be able to lengthen your driveshaft for about 100-120 dollars.

Yep what he said. Just get yours lengthened. The cheapest way to go.

I had mine shortened for $100 with all new greasable u-joints put in. :cool:

I had my ranger one lengthened for $50, but I took him a salvage yard driveshaft (junk) that had the right tube on it to use for mine.

I have a driveshaft with the cv-joint style (bolts to transfer case) and I had mine lengthend but I got noise from it when installed - angel was too great. You either need to get it lengthend with a couple cardan yoke on the end or do a transfer case change or get an adapter (like I'm doing) to house a u-joint instead of the bowl type cv-joint.

-Drew

Rye Valley can make you one. They are making mine and the rear was $350 and front was $300. And those are the same as my shop uses on our Comp. rig.

Any one got a pic of the cardan yoke? This goes in place of the cv joint? Also any idea on how much I will need to get it lenghened?

Now if I could find out how much longer it needs to be and find the correct cardan yoke that would be awsome and save me some cash.

why do you want a cardan yoke? The CV will provide less vibration. The driveshaft guy will tell you how to measure for length.

svande8952 said:
why do you want a cardan yoke? The CV will provide less vibration. The driveshaft guy will tell you how to measure for length.

Yep the driveshaft guy will give you instructions on what to measure.

Back