How much for Service/Oil Change in US? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much for Service/Oil Change in US?

Caveat, I don't know if changing your own oil is even an option in other countries to maintain the warranty. In the US it isn't so make sure before you go that route.

What do you mean "in the US it isn't"? Are you saying that if you change your own oil here that you can't maintain the warranty?

What do you mean "in the US it isn't"? Are you saying that if you change your own oil here that you can't maintain the warranty?

The other way around..

In the US, they cannot deny your warranty because you didn't go to a dealer to get the oil changed.

Earlier in this thread someone from another country mentioned that you MUST get the oil changed at a dealer to keep your warranty which is not the case here in the US. I was just stating that if your not in the US, don't change your own oil IF it will mess with your warranty.

~Mark

The other way around..

In the US, they cannot deny your warranty because you didn't go to a dealer to get the oil changed.

I was just making sure that's what you thought, the way you worded it above sounded like you were saying it wrong :) I was gonna say that here, all you need is receipts and a to keep a matching log.

What oil are you buying for $3.00 quart? Don't forget, the minimum oil requirement for the new Explorer's engine is a synthetic blend. There's no way your using a full synthetic oil at that price. IMO, you should be buying a better oil.
$3.55 a quart

Pennzoil

i dont use synth, i dont want to use synth, i dont like synth.

you can use whatever you want to use tho ;)

filter: $4 for Motorcraft / $7 for Wix

:)

Back