• Register Today It's free!

How much Herculiner???

dcarp

Reaction score
City, State
Washington DC
Year, Model & Trim Level
'01 Sport
I've got an 01 sport and the biggest drawback of the truck is the tupperware bumpers and rockers. I'm planning on herculining the bumpers, rockers, and step bars, but how much should I buy? surely, one gallon will be enough right?

As an added bonus, I'd like to pull the rear carpet and get the cargo area too. I was thinking of making templates out of wood for the backs of the seats.

Any input??

Thanks in advance:cool:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would loose the step bars all together if it were me.

I did my rockers using about 1/2 qt. -that was two coats, so I would think a gallon would be enough. I would check in to something to make sure it adheres to the plastic though.

For the love of Pete wear some latex gloves & don't touch your Hootus:D

LOL...Thanks Dan--I read that thread first!

MG, if it were up to me, I'd lose the steps too--but my 5' tall wife and 200lb dog both need them to get in and out.

Thanks for the help!

All right! Someoe who knows how to use the search function:thumbsup:

I'm with you on the steps. I would love to loose my stock running boards but my wife is vertialy chalenged as well.:salute:

Now "Harvey" would do just fine.:D

One gallon will be plenty. I herc'd my '01 Explorer's rockers, several bumpers, rock sliders, and most of the inside of my Samurai (and my buddies Samurai) with a gallon.

Lately I've been using the Duplicolor spray on bed liner for my projects, and I'm pretty happy with it. I did my '94 X front bumper and rock sliders with it. It's held up well, and it's cheaper than herc.

LOL...Thanks Dan--I read that thread first!

MG, if it were up to me, I'd lose the steps too--but my 5' tall wife and 200lb dog both need them to get in and out.

Thanks for the help!

My wife is 5'2, I have 32's and 4" superlift, she makes it with no steps :D Not saying she likes it, but she does it.

My 17 lb dog jumps up in there too.

my dog doesn't jump...He's lucky to get two feet off of the ground at the same time...He's not fat, Just an english mastiff.

BTW Jonesboro huh? I grew up in Maumelle, AR (just out of little rock)

not trying to steal the post but was wondering if a gallon of bed liner is good to do the whole inside of my 2000 sport

He's an English Mastiff.

Back