How much lift can I expect? Shackles + Double add a leaf | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much lift can I expect? Shackles + Double add a leaf

macker123

Reaction score
City, State
victoria, bc
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Explorer Sport 4.0 OHV
I have a 97 Explorer Sport. It has 31" tires on it now.

I measured the front and back and I believe my rear is lower than my front by about 1 - 1.5" inches.

I am going to do the torsion twist in the front and since I have 2wd I believe I can crank away to match the rear.

I am going to buy the warrior shackles(war153) and the double add a leaf from summitracing. I believe this adds up to about a 3.5" rear lift according to estimates. Does this sound about right? I do have the mono leaf in the rear and I cannot find the 4-door leaf packs locally, so I am not doing that.

I guess what I would do is raise the front by about 2 - 2.5" and then the rear would get the 3.5" lift to compensate for sagging.

Please tell me if this sounds about right.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

do a search on this stuff. The mono-leafs dont allow for add a leaf setups.

That double aal cannot be used with the monoleaf.

If you get 4door leaves, the double aal, and war153 you should get about 3.5".

yeah, i looked at the monleaf, it is basically one fat leaf mounted to fuax leaves... i to dont think the aal will work with that... there are no other leafs to sandwich the aal between... you need a 4 door pack.... the front, you can crank as much as you want... maybe get the spindles as well....

If it helps, i have a 98 Sport... same problem with the rear sagging! especially since i have subs in them.
I did the 4 door pack and WAR153 with the TT up front... works perfect!!!! It's deffinetally worth looking around and waiting for the 4 door packs. I got mine from a salvage yard for $100- they were off a 2001 4 door. Ill probably be taking pictures sometime this week if you're interested in seeing how mine looks.

The rear is now a little higher than the front but i just put the new leaf packs on so i expect it to settle a little, im planning on getting AAL;s also because in the end i want the rear to sit 1-2" higher than the front. Right now im just debating on whether to get a single AAL or double... hope that helps

And if anyone wants to help me out with deciding on single or double AAL please email me sk1er18@aol.com.

Back