• Register Today It's free!

how much lift for 35's

TwoX

Reaction score
City, State
virginia
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 sport trac xlt
how much lift would i have to put on my sport trac to fit 35 inch tires on either a 15 or sixteen inch rim? would body lift and a tt in the front and shackles in the back work?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

how much lift would i have to put on my sport trac to fit 35 inch tires on either a 15 or sixteen inch rim? would body lift and a tt in the front and shackles in the back work?
My friend's Sport Trac only has a body lift.

IMG_1428.jpg

he had to cut his plastic and i dont want to do that. If i left the plastic up there how much rubbing would i get?

With the right wheel/tire selection you could still have it look normal. You will have to do some inner wheel well trimming. But, you could probably do it to where the side view looks the same. My friend and I both cut off most of our front facia's before we put on the 35" tires. That's just our preference.

:S i am trying to figure out what to do because i am going to order my tires this week, i want some fat tires that look like they stick out maybe i will just go 33X13.50 on a 16

Will a body lift and torsion twist/shackles, 33's will rub turning on flat ground if you don't trim a small amount of plastic in the front wheel well. I trimmed a bit inside (not noticeable unless you looked) and they fit fine.
For 35's you'll either have to do a bunch of cutting (like John) or run a 3" body and a 4" suspension. Even then you'll probably need to trim just a little.

Back