How Much Longer???? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How Much Longer????

Leroysmomma

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 XLT Ford Explorer
Hoping someone can give me an answer, as I seem to be getting no where with my dealership. I ordered my 2016 XLT on Nov. 9/2015. I was told it was going to be 6-8 weeks closer to the 6. I figured with Christmas holidays, im assuming there is a shut down. I could be another week. I called yesterday and they dont even have a VIN number for my vehicle. A friend told me that if they dont have a VIN its not even started yet? Is this true?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It's quite possible that your vehicle is not in production yet.
All you can do is keep following up with the dealership.
I'm not even sure why it's taking this long at this point in time, considering a search in ON (where I reside); shows quite a bit of Explorer. XLT and Limited.

FYI, my order took just over six weeks for delivery when I purchased it back in Sep.

Finally heard from the dealership suggests we call back in 10 days and hopefully he'll have an eta. Honestly I didn't add much to the XLT I ordered. He explained that there is a high demand and production has been delayed. Did they just find this out? Someone couldn't have called 4 weeks ago? Poor customer service as far as I'm concerned. Sorry just upset that in 10 days they might not have a date or they are going to tell me another 6 weeks urggggh!

Finally heard from the dealership suggests we call back in 10 days and hopefully he'll have an eta. Honestly I didn't add much to the XLT I ordered. He explained that there is a high demand and production has been delayed. Did they just find this out? Someone couldn't have called 4 weeks ago? Poor customer service as far as I'm concerned. Sorry just upset that in 10 days they might not have a date or they are going to tell me another 6 weeks urggggh!

That's BS, the dealer can log in and tell you exactly what's going on, the order gets a Priority and has a Status.

I bet the dealership has no build slots or allocation right now and they want to keep your order and string you along.

Ask them straight out if they have allocation right now.

Go try another dealership see what they say.

The plant was only down a few days this year.

Hoping someone can give me an answer, as I seem to be getting no where with my dealership. I ordered my 2016 XLT on Nov. 9/2015. I was told it was going to be 6-8 weeks closer to the 6. I figured with Christmas holidays, im assuming there is a shut down. I could be another week. I called yesterday and they dont even have a VIN number for my vehicle. A friend told me that if they dont have a VIN its not even started yet? Is this true?
I would suggest sending a PM to FordService. Tricia, a Ford Service rep that monitors the forum, can usually find out what the status of your order is. Not sure if she can help Canadian customers or not. There is a FordServiceCA as well but they might just look after issues with the vehicles that Canadians own. In any case send Tricia a PM and I'm sure she will provide some guidance. She will likely require the dealer name and their order number or dealer number. She should be able to tell you exactly what is required. You can use this link;
https://www.explorerforum.com/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=157968
Good luck.

Peter

Thank you Peter! I will give it a try. I am in Ontario. I've read some reviews on my dealership and a friend has leased all his company vehicles from this place I was told it was good but they are one of the bigger dealerships here and sitting on hold for an hour is starting to annoy me. I will look into it.

Just let you know I've waited 4months now, and my car will be built end of Jan. I m in Ontario too. I think i know which dealership is yours when you say biggest and wait 1 hour , it's on yonge

Yep that's the one. As they told me to call once a week, I have now been told there is no date as of yet but we are currently looking end of Feb. 1st week of March. But that's not set in stone. He offered a better deal in my trade in which we are not doing and then offered some accessories for my wait. I would look into that if you haven't been offered any.

ridiculous wait time

I ordered mine August 27th and it finally showed up December 21. Most of these dealers are worthless when it comes to providing information regarding delivery.
I felt your pain!:mad:

I gave up on building my fords after we had a fusion built and after 3-4 months we didn't have it. We bought a titanium on the lot somewhere else instead. Ford delivered the car we ordered literally 6 or 8 months later (in total not in addition to the 3-4 we waited).

Happy to spend a weekend to drive wherever they have what I want. Not building a ford again and ordering it.

I gave up on building my fords after we had a fusion built and after 3-4 months we didn't have it. We bought a titanium on the lot somewhere else instead. Ford delivered the car we ordered literally 6 or 8 months later (in total not in addition to the 3-4 we waited).

Happy to spend a weekend to drive wherever they have what I want. Not building a ford again and ordering it.

om, I think many ppl waited 5 month the order

om, I think many ppl waited 5 month the order

I was one of the lucky customers (pretty much 6 weeks), but I made sure the dealership I purchased from had allocation; which seems to be the major issue of not being able to get the order into production.

Ordered mine in Nov and got my VIN late Decemeber. Arriving Mid Feb.

Back