• Register Today It's free!

How much off MSRP for ST?

sbronemann

Reaction score
City, State
Williamsburg, Iowa
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford F-150 XLT
How much is everybody getting off the new Explorers? Kicking around trading my wife's 2016 4Runner for one. She's wanting a new vehicle but has had bad experience in the past with a 2015 Ford Escape. I've been a Ford guy my whole life and currently drive a '17 F-150 coyote. Love the truck and really loving the new Explorer. Was really hoping to hold out for the new Bronco but Ford has to drag their feet on that and not giving me anything. So time to get something new while the wifey is up for it!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How much is everybody getting off the new Explorers? Kicking around trading my wife's 2016 4Runner for one. She's wanting a new vehicle but has had bad experience in the past with a 2015 Ford Escape. I've been a Ford guy my whole life and currently drive a '17 F-150 coyote. Love the truck and really loving the new Explorer. Was really hoping to hold out for the new Bronco but Ford has to drag their feet on that and not giving me anything. So time to get something new while the wifey is up for it!
Not much at this point as the dealers still have a lot of 2019 Explorers they need to sell and are offering big discounts. I got about $2,400 off (ST, Star White, Moonroof, Tech, Street Pack, destination).

My ST is in production as we speak. Expecting it within a couple of weeks based upon dealer and experience. My dealer is doing invoice for me. There is not much markup above invoice on these explorers now and the dealers still get holdback profit on every vehicle.

My local Ford guy has offered me $4200 off without even trying. I've seen some on various places for above MSRP. Crazy talk. He's got an ST coming in for dealer stock, so plan on having the wifey take it for a drive to make sure it's something she's going to like. If she does, then we'll talk numbers. The one he has coming in is about 60k MSRP. Just want a basic $54k one with no other options. So I'm hoping to maybe get it for about $47k before trade or equity if we sell it outright.

Sticker is $60,250, I'm paying about $56,300 plus rebates if any) which is $100 over dealer holdback. Essentially the dealer is making $100 plus any back end bonuses based on volume sales.

My local Ford guy has offered me $4200 off without even trying. I've seen some on various places for above MSRP. Crazy talk. He's got an ST coming in for dealer stock, so plan on having the wifey take it for a drive to make sure it's something she's going to like. If she does, then we'll talk numbers. The one he has coming in is about 60k MSRP. Just want a basic $54k one with no other options. So I'm hoping to maybe get it for about $47k before trade or equity if we sell it outright.

I'd love to see the breakdown on this because there isnt $4,200 to play with. There is about $4,000 max of play money before they lose money (excluding rebates but there are none yet - hoping July 2nd) and that's excluding any type of doc fees most charge.

Also, make sure you check the dealer's doc's fee policy. Some go crazy on this fee and drops it on you at the last minute. Get the number up front. My fee will be $100.

I don't know. The guy I usually go to is very fair. I bought my current F-150 which had a $48,680 sticker for $35,700. Always up front, no BS fees, and always gives good trade value as well. No horsing around playing the numbers game. He gives me his best sale price up front and same with trade. I'll be very sad if he ever leaves there!

I don't know. The guy I usually go to is very fair. I bought my current F-150 which had a $48,680 sticker for $35,700. Always up front, no BS fees, and always gives good trade value as well. No horsing around playing the numbers game. He gives me his best sale price up front and same with trade. I'll be very sad if he ever leaves there!

I am not saying his price isnt legit. I am just saying I would like to see the breakdown.

Example, I am about $4,100 under MSRP plus rebates out the door (title is $25, I dont have sales tax in my state). This is on an almost fully loaded ST. There would be less $$ to play with on a $54k ST.

If your dealer is charging a $199 doc fee, then we are getting the same deal. This is why X amount off MSRP doesnt tell the whole story nor does percentages off MSRP.

The only way to see how good a deal one is getting is through a complete price breakdown. Here is one example of my price breakdown (I changed a couple minor options so my price is a hair different).

58,955 - MSRP Before Destination Charge
56,561 - Invoice Before Destination Charge
1,729 - Estimated Holdback

-------
54,832 - Advertised Sale Price (Less Public Any Rebate At Point Of Sale)
1,095 - Destination
100 - Doc Fee (w/X-Plan PIN #)
$25 - Local DMV Fees
-------
56,052 - Total Out The Door
(###) - Less Private Cash Offers In Your Name

I am also hoping to be able to generate a Private Cash rebate. Was doing $2k- $6k rebates for Q2. Hoping Ford has something on the Explorers come July 2nd when rebates change.

I am not saying his price isnt legit. I am just saying I would like to see the breakdown.

Example, I am about $4,100 under MSRP plus rebates out the door (title is $25, I dont have sales tax in my state). This is on an almost fully loaded ST. There would be less $$ to play with on a $54k ST.

If your dealer is charging a $199 doc fee, then we are getting the same deal. This is why X amount off MSRP doesnt tell the whole story nor does percentages off MSRP.

The only way to see how good a deal one is getting is through a complete price breakdown. Here is one example of my price breakdown (I changed a couple minor options so my price is a hair different).

-------
1,095 - Destination
$25 - Local DMV Fees
-------

I am also hoping to be able to generate a Private Cash rebate. Was doing $2k- $6k rebates for Q2. Hoping Ford has something on the Explorers come July 2nd when rebates change.
Hey Blwnsmoke, you obviously know all the details and tricks here! What is the Private Cash rebate you mentioned? I am doing a cash deal so interested!

Hey Blwnsmoke, you obviously know all the details and tricks here! What is the Private Cash rebate you mentioned? I am doing a cash deal so interested!

Private cash offers are rebates that are targeted for a specific person (name/address must match the person buying). Some can be combined with other rebates, some are not combinable. With the help of someone else, we were able to generate them on command online. Some of the Q2 rebates we were able to do were:

$2,000 Rangers (combinable with all other offers)
$4,000 Expedition (combinable)
$3,500 Fseries (combinable)
$5,000 Explorer (not combinable)
$6,000 Expedition (not combinable).
$1,000 Any vehicle (combinable)

On my f350, I had a $2,500 Private offer. So I got my best price, took all rebates off, then took another $2,500 off from the Private offer.

There were no 2020 rebates on any vehicle for Q2 but I am hoping for Q3 that there are some. Even if it is a $1,000 one, I'll be happy. Crossing my fingers and I am happy that I decided to reorder because it gives me till mid August for Ford to offer something on the Explorers.

Private cash offers are rebates that are targeted for a specific person (name/address must match the person buying). Some can be combined with other rebates, some are not combinable. With the help of someone else, we were able to generate them on command online. Some of the Q2 rebates we were able to do were:

$2,000 Rangers (combinable with all other offers)
$4,000 Expedition (combinable)
$3,500 Fseries (combinable)
$5,000 Explorer (not combinable)
$6,000 Expedition (not combinable).
$1,000 Any vehicle (combinable)

On my f350, I had a $2,500 Private offer. So I got my best price, took all rebates off, then took another $2,500 off from the Private offer.

There were no 2020 rebates on any vehicle for Q2 but I am hoping for Q3 that there are some. Even if it is a $1,000 one, I'll be happy. Crossing my fingers and I am happy that I decided to reorder because it gives me till mid August for Ford to offer something on the Explorers.
So if I complete the delivery and purchase of my new ST in July there may be a "private cash" rebate that I could use for the purchase price reduction? If I ask my dealer specifically about this will they deny it?:) I guess until July gets here you won't know if there are any 3rd qtr rebates of this type?

-------
1,095 - Destination
$25 - Local DMV Fees
-------

My order summary showed this:
K8G0 Explorer ST 4WD $54,740
Star White $595
Moonroof $1695
Prem Tech $995
ST Street Pack $995
Dest Delivery $1095
MSRP $60,115
X Plan $57,760.53
D Plan $55,583.40
A/Z Plan $55,483.40

So if I complete the delivery and purchase of my new ST in July there may be a "private cash" rebate that I could use for the purchase price reduction? If I ask my dealer specifically about this will they deny it?:) I guess until July gets here you won't know if there are any 3rd qtr rebates of this type?

Your dealer would see it in the rebate system (VINCENT) under your name and zip code. It is a 3rd party marketing company that handles these. As I said, they are randomly generated for people. But since we cracked it for Q2, my hope is we can crack it for Q3 and generate them on command.

I'll know more this week once we see the rebate programs.

Here are Q2s.. these are/were not advertised to the public. There were a few more not listed there.

40378.jpeg

I'd love to see the breakdown on this because there isnt $4,200 to play with. There is about $4,000 max of play money before they lose money (excluding rebates but there are none yet - hoping July 2nd) and that's excluding any type of doc fees most charge.

He has a trade in. If the dealer knows it, he can say that he will give 4.3K off from MSRP. Then they will just give him a few grand less in a trade in.

My dealership told me that as of today, there are no discounts.

He has a trade in. If the dealer knows it, he can say that he will give 4.3K off from MSRP. Then they will just give him a few grand less in a trade in.

My dealership told me that as of today, there are no discounts.

Correct, as I said above, July 2nd is the start of Q3, hoping to see something. When the 5th gen came out, they had a $1,000 rebate which dropped down to $500 a few months after. I would think Ford will offer something public but it would be minimal. And then hoping for something private on top of it.

Your dealer would see it in the rebate system (VINCENT) under your name and zip code. It is a 3rd party marketing company that handles these. As I said, they are randomly generated for people. But since we cracked it for Q2, my hope is we can crack it for Q3 and generate them on command.

I'll know more this week once we see the rebate programs.

Here are Q2s.. these are/were not advertised to the public. There were a few more not listed there.

View attachment 171493

That would be nice to have a Q3 rebate, but for a new mid year vehicle release, is seems more likely in Q4 for the Holidays and end of year sales. When we start seeing the ST commercials during NFL!

That would be nice to have a Q3 rebate, but for a new mid year vehicle release, is seems more likely in Q4 for the Holidays and end of year sales. When we start seeing the ST commercials during NFL!

Ford still has to compete against others. The Explorer is not the holy grail of vehicles. And for those who are not enthusiasts, they wont even know much is different (all new from the ground up). They can't not have any rebates if they want to chase the sales. I believe they will throw money on the hood very soon just like they did the 5th gen.

Ford still has to compete against others. The Explorer is not the holy grail of vehicles. And for those who are not enthusiasts, they wont even know much is different (all new from the ground up). They can't not have any rebates if they want to chase the sales. I believe they will throw money on the hood very soon just like they did the 5th gen.
I totally agree Blwnsmoke, the world or retail car sales is a cutthroat market nowadays and lots of competition! I am also pulling for you so I can pay less moola for the ST!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At will generation? That's great! I'm curious how it would layer in reality for me.
I just looked at the numbers on my A plan, ST with Tech, street, moonroof and mud flaps is 55482...a jump from the 19 Sport I thought I was going to buy but I'm glad I missed the last order date for the 19s by literally one day.

Back