How much off MSRP for ST? | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much off MSRP for ST?

How would a guy get a private offer? :)

I was lucky enough to send my information, name, address...to BlwnSmoke and he put it in Ford website for a private offer. I am still waiting if I will receive it. maybe by mail, maybe my dealer will automatically see that private offer in Ford system. I don't even know if they still do those private offers but ST fans on here will be able to tell you and help you out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is my deal..

58,955 - MSRP Before Destination Charge
56,566 - Actual Invoice Before Destination Charge
1,729 - Estimated Holdback At Order
1,769 - Actual Hold back as of 7/12/19
(500) - Profit
-------
55,297 - Sale Price for Brian(Less Public Any Rebate At Point Of Sale)
1,095 - Destination
100 - Doc Fee (w/X-Plan PIN #)

$56,393 is my out the door price less the $1,250 PCO.

Final OTD price is $55,143 with a sticker of $60,050.

Here is my deal..

58,955 - MSRP Before Destination Charge
56,566 - Actual Invoice Before Destination Charge
1,729 - Estimated Holdback At Order
1,769 - Actual Hold back as of 7/12/19
(500) - Profit
-------
55,297 - Sale Price for Brian(Less Public Any Rebate At Point Of Sale)
1,095 - Destination
100 - Doc Fee (w/X-Plan PIN #)

$56,393 is my out the door price less the $1,250 PCO.

Final OTD price is $55,143 with a sticker of $60,050.

So he is giving you much better than X-plan but still only charging the x-plan doc fee? This technically wouldn't be an X-plan deal. Guess I am just confused about that part. Or is there some way they can still sell it as a plan purchase even though they are charging you less?

So he is giving you much better than X-plan but still only charging the x-plan doc fee? This technically wouldn't be an X-plan deal. Guess I am just confused about that part. Or is there some way they can still sell it as a plan purchase even though they are charging you less?

They are selling it as an Xplan deal but selling well below Xplan. I've had 3 dealers willing to do this so apparently they are not worried about being audited. Without the pin it would have been a $300 doc fee so not much different in price.

This does not make sense. There is only $4k to play with and they are taking over 7k off.

The notes say "Magnetic 2020 Ford Explorer ST AWD 10-Speed Automatic V6Dealer Discount of $1,522 off MSRP Recent Arrival!"

Fine print says $799 doc fee (ridiculous) and freight not included (assuming freight is the $1,095 destination fee) so tack on at a minimum $1,894 more.

I dont like dealers who play these pricing games as the price is never the price.

They are selling it as an Xplan deal but selling well below Xplan. I've had 3 dealers willing to do this so apparently they are not worried about being audited. Without the pin it would have been a $300 doc fee so not much different in price.
Thanks. I was under the assumption that they weren't allowed to sell below plan pricing if they submitted it as a plan sale. Guess either they have exceptions to that or like you said, they don't care.

Thanks. I was under the assumption that they weren't allowed to sell below plan pricing if they submitted it as a plan sale. Guess either they have exceptions to that or like you said, they don't care.

It is a matter of they dont care. Some dealers are strict, some are not apparently. As long as I benefit, I dont care lol.

Got mine for 55.4k, fully loaded (w/ street package). Thanks to a Dallas dealer posting it online, everyone I contacted jumped to match the price.

Got mine for 55.4k, fully loaded (w/ street package). Thanks to a Dallas dealer posting it online, everyone I contacted jumped to match the price.
Was that with Sun Roof?

Fully loaded really doesnt help to compare as everyone's opinion on that could be different.

So you have tech, street, moonroof, DVD headrests, rubber mats, cargo mat, mud flaps, smokers package, roof cross bars and wheel locks?

Also, what color as some charge for it.

I agree Mr. Smoke, fully loaded is a loaded(?) term - see what I did there? Lol -. But, I have preferences on what bolt-ons I prefer used. So ordering an ST completely(?) loaded makes no sense in my particular case. However, MY must haves were just beyond the base ST package. That would be:
Tech Package
Street package
Moonroof
Black Agate

I have to ask...
Do people still put headrest - much worse dvd - screens in their cars ? I thought that was reserved for mini-vans and charter buses. Lmao

I agree Mr. Smoke, fully loaded is a loaded(?) term - see what I did there? Lol -. But, I have preferences on what bolt-ons I prefer used. So ordering an ST completely(?) loaded makes no sense in my particular case. However, MY must haves were just beyond the base ST package. That would be:
Tech Package
Street package
Moonroof
Black Agate

I have to ask...
Do people still put headrest - much worse dvd - screens in their cars ? I thought that was reserved for mini-vans and charter buses. Lmao

You got a very good deal.. over $4k off sticker. I'd be very proud of that deal you negotiated (unless of course you are getting A/D plan).

The DVDs are such a waste, $2k for headrests.. I got both my 5 and 8yr old a 10" Tab A each for $115 a piece. They can stream in the car through my hotspot for free and can download all kinds of movies from my Amazon Prime video membership.

You got a very good deal.. over $4k off sticker. I'd be very proud of that deal you negotiated (unless of course you are getting A/D plan).

The DVDs are such a waste, $2k for headrests.. I got both my 5 and 8yr old a 10" Tab A each for $115 a piece. They can stream in the car through my hotspot for free and can download all kinds of movies from my Amazon Prime video membership.

As it should be. Buy some headrest mounted holders for long trips and you’re golden. I do miss my wheel locks, though. I’m in the market for some black ones... if such a thing exists.

Is this legit? An ST at $53k? Looks like it has most of the options on it: New 2020 Ford Explorer ST SUV Rich Copper Tinted For Sale in Boise ID | Stock: LGA28054

It is a bone stock ST with just the tech package. Far from "most of the options".

I question the price.. it looks like pretty much like invoice - holdback. However when you read the print at the bottom it says "Price does not include taxes, title, license and $299 Dealer Doc Fee. Price contains all applicable dealer incentives and non-limited factory offers. You may qualify for additional factory offers; see dealer for details."

If they are including the $500 military, $500 First responder and $500 college graduation rebates, then you are looking at about $1,500 more. Again, somewhat confusing.

If this is indeed legit, it's a great price and even the $299 doc fee is pretty reasonable.

It is a bone stock ST with just the tech package. Far from "most of the options".

I question the price.. it looks like pretty much like invoice - holdback. However when you read the print at the bottom it says "Price does not include taxes, title, license and $299 Dealer Doc Fee. Price contains all applicable dealer incentives and non-limited factory offers. You may qualify for additional factory offers; see dealer for details."

If they are including the $500 military, $500 First responder and $500 college graduation rebates, then you are looking at about $1,500 more. Again, somewhat confusing.

If this is indeed legit, it's a great price and even the $299 doc fee is pretty reasonable.

Pretty new at this so thanks for the info. I saw the bigger infotainment screen and upgraded audio so thought it had most of the options. I live in Portland and dealers here don't come close to that price. Most are $58k and up.

Pretty new at this so thanks for the info. I saw the bigger infotainment screen and upgraded audio so thought it had most of the options. I live in Portland and dealers here don't come close to that price. Most are $58k and up.

The 3 most common features are moonroof ($1,695 I believe) and the Street Pack (another $995) . Typically they are $60k and they can be had for $57-$58k easily.

I'd highly recommend the Street Pack at the very least but that's just my $0.02.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 3 most common features are moonroof ($1,695 I believe) and the Street Pack (another $995) . Typically they are $60k and they can be had for $57-$58k easily.

I'd highly recommend the Street Pack at the very least but that's just my $0.02.

Thanks.

Back