• Register Today It's free!

how much power

mach1460

Reaction score
City, State
laramie Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
93' limited
ok, according to all the things people have said on this site, i f i do anything to my truck power wise chip, catback , mas , tb spacer, headers, intake air box, ect ect, that i wont get much power, who has done these mods and how much power does your truck have?? i have a 1993 limited so im talking about the 4.0 ohv ??
how much did they help, lets hear what these product are good for

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

you probably only have 125-130 HP at the rear wheels being stock, if you did, apten, kkm, exhaust, and whatever else, you might be lucky to gain 10HP give or take a few

The Apten chip gained 22 HP on a sohc. See Dead Link Removed

Originally posted by aldive
The Apten chip gained 22 HP on a sohc. See Dead Link Removed

thats on an sohc... not the ohv..... also, aldive, is that number at the wheels or at the flywheel? also, is it an automatic? and what gears? and tire size? the amount of power gained is very subjective to he conditions..... weather can even play a part in the numbers

Originally posted by jimabena74
thats on an sohc... not the ohv..... also, aldive, is that number at the wheels or at the flywheel? also, is it an automatic? and what gears? and tire size? the amount of power gained is very subjective to he conditions..... weather can even play a part in the numbers

Read the link....

Of course it was an sohc, I used it as an example of power gains from a chip alone.

Originally posted by aldive
Read the link....

why should i read the link? maybe you should read his post... he said info for a ohv... not what gains some guy got on an sohc..... the sohc has another 50 horse than the ohv to begin with! some people are just dumbasses!

so, how bout a lil bit of help for me, 4.0ohv, .........

the most any of those are going to give you is probably about 35 flywheel hp... the difference will be noticeable, but it isnt that much power at all.... the only way to get all those mods to deliver more power is with a supercharger... more $ but a lot more power.....

Originally posted by jimabena74
the most any of those are going to give you is probably about 35 flywheel hp... the difference will be noticeable, but it isnt that much power at all.... the only way to get all those mods to deliver more power is with a supercharger... more $ but a lot more power.....

Jim, hes got a 93'. I am guessing that engine has too many miles for a s/c. I doubt it could handle the stress and such. Mach if you had the $$$ I would suggest a engine swap. Another problem could be your trans, I dont know what shape its in but that could be another weak link in the chain. Too much power will kill it.

Best of luck,

Paul

that depends... i never said he had to add a s/c or that he wouldnt need a rebuild, i just said for more power, thats the way to get it... hell a rebuild and a tuneup will give noticeable improvement

Back