How often is delivery ETA moved up? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How often is delivery ETA moved up?

dinah_kay

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 XTL
Crystal has been great proving me with weekly updates. We ordered a 14 April 1st, and currently have a build week of May 19 with a estimated delivery around June 28. I have been told the delivery date may move to the left once we get closer to the build date. Does anyone have any experience with this? Or has anyone else ordered in March or April with similar delivery dates? We would like to try and sell our vehicle before delivery (but as close to it as possible) instead of trading it in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I got my XSport 8 days earlier than the ETA date. Received the car on April 5th, given an ETA date of April 13th. The car actually arrived at the dealer on April 2nd, but wasn't prepped and ready til Saturday the 5th. Keep in contact with your dealer and Crystal, they're your best resources.

Thanks. My eta seems much further out than what I read here, more than a month after the build week. I wasn't sure if there was still a shipping backlog or they pad the delivery date just in case there is a delay, since June 28th is way outside the standard 6-8 weeks I was told.

Order mine March 21 and still no build date. Definitely not going be within the 6-8 week time frame I was quoted.

My Sport was ordered March 17. ETA was May 30. Vehicle arrived April 28!

My Sport was ordered March 17. ETA was May 30. Vehicle arrived April 28!

Was your ET A always May 30th or did it move to the left once you were closer to your build date?

Thanks!

I made a slight error. My eta from the beginning was always May 27 not May 30. Vehicle did arrive April 28. As late as April 22, I rec'd an email still stating that my eta is still May 27 subject to change. I was shocked when it showed up April 28!

I made a slight error. My eta from the beginning was always May 27 not May 30. Vehicle did arrive April 28. As late as April 22, I rec'd an email still stating that my eta is still May 27 subject to change. I was shocked when it showed up April 28!

Thanks! I wonder if that is where we will end up. I have been giving similar dates which is almost 12 weeks. Either way is fine with me, but it would be nice to have a better idea so we can sell our car ourselves.

Got a call today my SPort was in. Del date was June 12th from Crystal since the beginning so I am looking at a month early. WED morning needs to get here!

Jamie

I thought I would update this post for anyone else in a similar situation...our ETA jumped to June 5th the build week, which is 23 days ahead of the original ETA. We were lucky enough to sell our Xterra in less than 24hrs, so hopefully we are only short a car for a week:)

My eta for my fusion went out several months past when it was supposed to so I bought an existing one somewhere else

Back