how replacing speedometer

baphomet666

Reaction score
City, State
Bordeaux,FRANCE
Year, Model & Trim Level
Explorer.1994. 4WD
Hello,
:scratch: I am looking for a thread to replace my Speedometer not i see on the forum
Your help is welcome, thank you very much

-:exp::exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You take out the gauge cluster. You then take off the plastic cover or lens whichever you call it.... (the clear piece).

I believe there is a few small screws you remove. The cluster assembly itself, is kinda attached altogether, but comes apart in individual pieces. The alt/ temp is one piece, the oil/fuel is one piece, the speedo, then the tach.

I hope I didn't confuse you Dominik. It's kinda hard to explain w/o doing it in person.

Roadrunner777 - mr cribb

No, it's perfect it will give me an idea already.I understand that it is not easy to explain properly in another language ;)
Then I wonder if I will not make a thread for members who might be interested
Thank you very much

replacing your speedometer first génération

Hello

I need to replace my speedometer that no longer works.
I made this little thread for those who might be interrested

- First disconnect the negative battery cable

removed two screws hidden behind the ashtray

- Then removed the two screws from the plastic cover of the steering column

- Then removed two or three screws down here

- Now get this, it suffices to take precautions for removed

- Then removed the facade with the car radio, do not forget to disconnect the connector plug 4x4

- Now you can carefully pull out the front

- Now you must unscrew and remove of the slot. the cable that is used to mark the letter of speeds

This cable,unscrew this screw is then removed. the cable from the notch

]

- Now remove the four screws

-Pull the speedometer and then remove the speedometer cable, and disconnect the two plugs

You can now remove the speedometer and you see the two plug

You can now do everything in reverse to REPLACING your new block. just a proposal , made ​​a control that all your bulbs is correct

Good write up Dominik, I will say it is interesting to see the European explorer and the differences versus the US models.

By that I mean I hadn't seen the fog light setup like you have before.

To add a suggestion: to make more room to pull the cluster out... there's 2 bolts on either side of the steering column that are a 9/16 socket, if you loosen them (not all the way) the column will drop down to make it easier to pull the dash trim, and the gauge cluster out.

Well this is what I do, so you don't necessarily have to do it this way.... just a suggestion.

Mr. Cribb I try to make my contribution to the life of the forum, because sometimes the translator does not give the right words to express my thoughts for further discussion and other topics
in this case, it's better for everyone and especially for me that I should say nothing rather than say bullshit :hammer::hammer:

Thank you very much for your comments :) ;)

Back