• Register Today It's free!

How to adjust door gap?

rusty813

Reaction score
City, State
Private
Year, Model & Trim Level
2018 Ford Explorer Sport
I check the rubber door seams, and everything is fine. On the driver side of the vehicle there is a door gap issue. When you push on the top of rear passenger door, it wriggles. The passenger side is solid. The previous owner who I purchase the car from, bought it from a used car lot. I found out this car lot owner been arrested by federal agents in the past for a real estate scam. Now hes operating a used car lot. It looks he purchases rental vehicles with unreported damages and clean titles. Then they do a poor repair jobs, but excellent paint job to cover up the work. I even found out when I removed the taillight there is big pile of bondo that looks dog poop. I seen a similar bondo or weld flaw on a YouTube video of replacing the taillight. I tried reaching out to the previous owner to find out exactly what has happened to vehicle, but ignoring my phonecalls.

Is there any door adjustment bolts?

The only bolts I'm aware of are the ones that hold the door in place. Are they all tight? Both on the door and on the frame? If they are, I have no idea why the door would "wriggle".

Peter

Bolts are all tight, I couldn't loosen them. The striker plate on rear left door 4 dimes could fit between the striker plate and wall. On the right rear door 3 dimes could fit between.

The striker plate is same length apart on both sides. The wriggle is still there, but not as bad as before.

Back