• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

How to bend radius arms

Iam changing my dana 44 to full width, I spaced out the coil buckets 2
inches on each side but the radius arms are to far away from the frame to
mount them, I heard of some people bending the radius arms in towards the
frame, what is the best way to bend them with out snaping them, any help
would be great.:confused:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
I think you'll just need to outboard your ra mounts. I did this on mine.
DSC00632.JPG

You can barely see it but there is a frame re-enforcing plate between the crossmember/ra mount and the frame. It hasn't been welded in yet though.

I haven't see a stock ra that's been bent to allow for "factory" style mounts. I could be wrong though ;)

cole01

Reaction score
City, State
Dryden
Year, Model & Trim Level
1986 Bronco 2
:)Thanks for the help, I think Iam going to space out the mounts.
also do u know how to post pictures on the site, i would like to put my
bronco 2 build on it.

CodePoet

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Indianapolis, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
1993 XLT
Are those stock ra's? If so...DAMNIT WHY DIDN'T I DO THAT LOL :)
After looking at them again i'd say yeah they are. Did he cut, plate, then reweld them?

It's not hard to outboard the mounts. It was just a part of the tranny crossmember that I had to build anyway.

RockRanger

Elite Ranger
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Fresno CA
Year, Model & Trim Level
86 ranger no more
Callsign
KK6TDL
Extend the stock ones till they come in enough to meet the frame. Stic-o's radius arms are not stock ones. They came from Michael on this board. They are from a build up of the red bull explorer a few years ago.