how to convert

93explorer4life

Reaction score
City, State
Bloomfield, Indiana
Year, Model & Trim Level
no curent
borg warner 1350 ?

ok,, im planing on picking up a borg warner 1350, its the t-case from the bII. i have heard it will bolt right up to my tranny, but it wont conect to my drive shafts, or just the front one, im not sure! how will i go about making it fit????
i have searched on here, for a swap, but i couldnt really find anything.
i dont know if i wasnt spelling something right, or if theres just nothing in here!
if u guys could direct me to a swap, or tell me how, or anything, that would be awesome!
thanks!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, it didnt really help me out, i understand taht the yolks are differant, i just want to know how to change them to fit my drive shafts. or should i jsut go ahead and putt the whole drive shaft, and i did read that the 1350 is shorter, is this true???? cause if so, i would need the rear driveshaft as well, and i cant do that! cause im gettin the t-case from a bII

ok, i have found stuff about the BW1350 not fitting the drive shaft on the explorer. but i found nuthing about how to convert it. if some one can help me on this issue now! thanks!

this sounds like a awsome mod you should do a right up on this.

also what transmission do you have?

im finally running the M5OD, got it in a week n a half ago or somethin like that.

Years of schooling wasted....

Years of schooling wasted....

Ya and still no one can help him!

Seriously guys I've done the 1354 manual case swap it's a cake walk, I could do it in 15 min blindfolded. This guy is asking about the 1350 found in B2/Rangers.

Why was this topic locked before? I was going to reply in it but I couldn't so I PM'ed the guy the info he needed, to do this swap.

Good luck fellas.:salute:

do you think this might work on a a4ld tranny

do you think this might work on a a4ld tranny

Yes it will work. The only thing that may bite you is finding the right shifter assy.

But since the B2/Rangers had an A4LD you may be able to find that shifter setup works. I believe the one bolted to an FM146 will also work.

Yes it will work. The only thing that may bite you is finding the right shifter assy.

But since the B2/Rangers had an A4LD you may be able to find that shifter setup works. I believe the one bolted to an FM146 will also work.

Awsome, maby now i can git my 4wd to work. How much do you think all this woul cost?

Back