• Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

How to Delete Username Cookie?

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
My computer is shared with other family members including my 11yr old stepson. The password I have for this forum is not one I want him or others to know. Now I have a problem that is a result of the fact that my computer "remembers" prior usernames whenever I place the cursor over that field to logon here.

Last week I was typing fast while the computer/internet connection was a little slow. I typed in my username, hit tab, then typed in my password, then enter. But since the connection was slow it didn't take the tab in betwen the username and password, and so it combined the two. Now whenever put the cursor over the username field to log on, it "remembers" my username with the password right behind it. Now anyone can clearly see what my password is.

How do I erase that username "memory" out of the field? Windows 7/IE8.

Thanks!

PS: Until then, if this site starts operating as if an 11 yr old was messing with moderation privileges, that may be exactly what is happening LOL :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 per year. Gets rid of the ads! New $5 per month "try out" option.

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create and save more private conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

SVO

Moderator Emeritus/Doctor
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Bastrop/Austin, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
Turbocharged Navajo LX
PS: Until then, if this site starts operating as if an 11 yr old was messing with moderation privileges, that may be exactly what is happening LOL :D

You must be talking about Blee1099, I didn't know he was your son!

Jeff - :cool:

X6StringerX

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost
At the top of your browser, click "Tools" and then "Delete Browsing History". A box will pop up with some options you can check. Make sure you check the "Form Data" and "Passwords" boxes.

corkey

Moderator Emeritus
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger
just make sure you have the passwords written down somewhere and put away in a safe place,
sucks when you forget them,,

GJarrett

Elite Explorer
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
At the top of your browser, click "Tools" and then "Delete Browsing History". A box will pop up with some options you can check. Make sure you check the "Form Data" and "Passwords" boxes.

Done... it worked! Thanks for the info.

Now, if the site screws up it we can blame it on Blee1099 again :D